• Violet vines

    Hi everyone!


    Quick post for the V as I can't wait to crawl back into bed... yep, another flu victim here :( For some reason just the smell of acetone makes me nauseous so please forgive the lousy clean up job.

    My original idea was a leadlighting manicure with viola flowers but as that is a bit too ambitious at the moment I decided to go the easy way and chose Violet as my theme. When I googled the definition of the color violet, Wikipedia told me violet is the bluer side of purple: the color of amethyst and lavender. That made it even easier so I searched my stash for polishes with amethyst in their name and I found two, OPI I Am What I Amethyst and Teeez Amazing Amethyst. Fortunately the Teeez one stamped pretty nice and this is the end result:

    indoors, no flash

    I started by painting thumb, index and pinky with two coats of Teeez Amazing Amethyst, a pretty dark purple holo. My middle and ring finger received three thin coats of OPI IAWIA. After that had dried enough to stamp on it, I used Amazing Amethyst to stamp a viney image from UberChic 4-02 (see what I did there? Another V word ;) and all I needed to do was add a coat of Seche Vite and I was ready to take pictures.

    indoors, with flash
    I also took a picture with flash to show off the holo. As you can see it isn't a scattered holo but it isn't a really strong linear one either... whatever it is, I like it :)

    The bottle shot:
    OPI I Am What I Amethyst, Teeez Amazing Amethyst

    That's it for me. I'm going to get back into bed and have my husband pamper me... take care and hope to be back soon!


    The other manicures for the letter V:

    4 comments:

    1. Replies
      1. I'm so glad you like them too. Thank you, dear Maria :)

        Delete
    2. What a pretty manicure, I like its simplicity!
      Kisses,
      Marghe

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you, Marghe!
        I'm very happy you enjoy my nails *hugs*

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!