• Quick manicure - two versions

    Hi everyone!


    How has 2017 been treating you so far? For me it's been a mix of very positive, some negative and perpetual lack of time. I started out by studying almost day and night for the exam I had to take on the 6th. I guess the work paid off as I passed with flying colors. I was literally jumping up and down when I got the score and in my enthusiasm I managed to bang into a door face first so I've been sporting this... ehm... interesting bruise on my cheek and jaw for a week now. I guess I have been lucky though. I mean, I could have broken a nail ;) Polish-wise I wore my sparkly green nails until exam day as I simply didn't want to spend time doing anything but cram the required knowledge in my head. After the close encounter with the door my exasperated husband almost begged me to sit down and play with colors for a while, as I probably couldn't damage myself or my surroundings doing that. This is the result:

    indoors, no flash

    The lovely lilac you see is three thin coats of OPI You're Such A Budapest that I used on my thumb, index and pinky. I combined it with two thin coats of Barry M Cotton on my middle finger and two thin coats of OPI DS Radiance on my ring finger. I wanted to add a little more sparkle to the white and silver nail so I painted a coat of ILNP My Private Rainbow (L+S) on top of my middle and ring finger. It is hardly visible in the pictures and it wasn't super sparkly in real life either, but it caused unexpected sparkles to show up every now and then which made me smile (and isn't that the main reason to polish your nails? To have something nice to look at? :) I stamped my middle finger with an image from UberChic plate 12-02 using Hit The Bottle As Black As Night, added another coat of My Private Rainbow on top as the stamp hid a bit more of the sparkles than I expected and finished with a coat of Seche Vite... one manicure done!

    After two days of wearing my lilac-and-silver nails, I wanted some more oomph but I totally lacked the time to do something other than a plain polish... so I asked my husband to pick out a polish to use, recycled the white-n-black and the silver nail and ended up with this manicure:

    indoors, no flash
    The blue polish is the gorgeous Il était un vernis Captain Blue Sky that turned out to be almost a one coater, but I used two coats on my nails. I can't praise this polish enough: great formula, great brush, beautiful scattered holo, lit-from-within finish... I love it! Again a coat of Seche Vite to finish it off and that's what my nails look like as I type this :)

    I'll update this post once I get home and make a bottle shot as I seem to have forgotten that when I took pictures earlier :(

    It took me a little longer, but here's the bottle shot:
    OPI You're Such A Budapest, Barry M Cotton, OPI DS Radiance, ILNP My Private Rainbow (L+S),
    Hit the Bottle As Black As Night, Il était un vernis Captain Blue Sky


    What do you think? I really like the first, more subdued version but the second one was exactly what I needed to get me through a work week from hell. Just a couple more hours and my weekend starts... and I can hardly wait for that to happen :D



    Il était un vernis Captain Blue Sky was bought from The Nailista Shop.
    ILNP My Private Rainbow (L+S) and Hit The Bottle As Black As Night were bought from Hypnotic Polish.

    5 comments:

    1. I like the second look. The lilac didn't tickle me.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hehe, the lilac wasn't meant to tickle but to calm down (me in particular ;)
        But I already expected you to like the bright one better :)

        Delete
    2. Congratulations for doing so well on your exam!! Please can we see the bruise :P
      I actually gasped when I saw your nails with the lilac. It is incredibly gorgeous. It's very delicate and pretty. I love the blue too because it changes it completely.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks and nope, it's almost gone anyway so there isn't much to see anyway :p
        And thanks again! I guess that's what I love most about nail polish. You can always make it fit your mood or your outfit with just a change of color, and if you don't like it all you need is a little acetone and you can start again from scratch :)

        Delete
    3. Congrats on your exam!! :D I've totally slammed my face into a door (doorway to be exact) before, too... >_> Fortunately my forehead took most of the force. lol This is so pretty! I like the Budapest version. Makes me want to wear China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le. Which is similar and I actually have. ;)

      ReplyDelete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!