• Layered Fall

    Hi everyone!

    I had a birthday to go for, I wanted to wear something red and sparkly and I didn't have much time. This is what I ran out of the door with:


    There is absolutely no technique involved, just pick pretty colors, paint, paint, paint, quick clean up, top coat, ready!

    I chose a gorgeous dark red creme, Kinetics Looking Strong. I think you can get away with one medium-thick coat as it's opaque enough to stamp with (yep, I tested). I prefer thin coats so I painted two thin ones. I didn't have to wait to start the second coat as it dries really fast so by the time I finished my tenth finger, the first was dry enough to continue.

    I added a coat of shimmer using ILNP The Magician, a sheer yellowish base with loads and loads of unicorn-pee pigment in it, meaning it shifts from red to orange to toxic green under extreme angles.

    On top of that, I added a coat of ILNP Encore, a topper with the same base but filled with iridescent glitters that have the same shift as The Magician so it fits perfectly.

    A quick swipe around my cuticles with a cleanup brush and some acetone and finally a coat of Seche Vite and that was it... sparkly nails with Fall colors, that fit my mood perfectly.


    The polishes I used:

    Kinetics Looking Strong, ILNP The Magician, ILNP Encore

    To me this combination looks like Fall: the red and orange leaves with the occasional green flash of a leaf that hasn't quite gotten the memo about it being Autumn now 😉 What do you think?

    2 comments:

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!