• 52 week nail art challenge 45: French Tip

    Hi everyone!


    It's time for the prompt I was looking forward to least of all... French Tip (it's actually a toss-up between Negative Space and French tips as neither is quite my style). But French tips it is, so I set out to do a 'proper' French manicure this time. Although I didn't feel like doing white tips and there was a gorgeous green polish on my desk so I decided to do a trial run on my bare (read: base coated) nails and see what it looked like. And this is what I looked at when I stopped fiddling:


    I started out (like any manicure) by painting a layer of base coat on my nails. In hindsight, it would probably have looked nicer if I had used a purple-tinted one to correct my yellowed nails, but I was experimenting, right?

    I then grabbed Polished for Days Clover, a stunning concoction of a pine green jelly base with lots of green-yellow-orange flakies. I placed the brush on my nail and slowly rolled my finger underneath while trying to follow my smile line with the polish. When finished, I showed it to my husband... and he actually liked it 😲

    So instead of removing it immediately, I used a thin detail brush and acetone to clean up the line I painted and make it taper to a fine point at the sides of my nails, and then back in with Clover, and after that more acetone... I'm sure you get the picture. I finished everything with a generous coat of Seche Vite.

    Polished for Days Clover

    I can't say I love this manicure, or even that I like it very much. But I don't hate it either. French tips just aren't my style... but a pretty polish makes up for a lot of things and Clover is definitely one of the prettiest greens I know 😍

    1 comment:

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!