• Three greens make a manicure

    Hi everyone,


    the last load of laundry is making its somersaults in the machine and the house is as clean and tidy as it's going to get this weekend so what better way to spend some time than painting my nails, right? As the title says, three green polishes make up this manicure (oh alright, and some black as well, if you're looking at details ;)


    I started out by painting all my nails with an absolutely gorgeous spring green scattered holo by piCture pOlish called Dandelion. It's a bit sheer so I painted three thin coats on my thumb, index and pinky and two on my middle and ring finger as I was going to do a gradient on top.

    When that had dried I created a gradient with (from lightest to darkest): Dandelion, a-england Dragon and piCture pOlish Kryptonite. Two rounds of sponging were enough to get the result I wanted and after that I covered it all with a thin coat of Seche Vite to make sure I wouldn't mess it up. Last but not least I stamped the gradient with a floral image from MoYou Flower Power 06 using Hit the Bottle As Black As Night and finished with yet another coat of Seche Vite.


    As usual, the lineup of the polishes I used:

    piCture pOlish Dandelion, a-england Dragon, piCture pOlish Kryptonite, Hit the Bottle As Black As Night


    A quick and easy manicure that turned out just as the vision in my head. All I need now is some sunshine to make the holo sparkle pop :) Do you like my green-green-green-black nails too?


    Also, if this manicure isn't a good one for the green challenge in the SBB Challenge, I don't know what is... so that's number 4 crossed out ;)




    piCture pOlish Dandelion and a-england Dragon were bought from Pretty Polish.
    piCture pOlish Kryptonite was bought from The Nailista Shop (now closed).

    4 comments:

    1. Well done on getting all the housework out the way first, I'm exactly the same. Its always nice to know its done and you can really spent the time you want to on your nails :) This is a gorgeous manicure, I am loving Dandelion! The whole manicure is so pretty and the black stamping sits perfectly on your gradients :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Ithi! Hehe, too bad the chores always return the next weekend ;)

        Delete
    2. Ugh I hate chores. I'm really envious of you being all grown up and doing chores first and then nails. Also you know green is my fav color, right. I luuurve it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It basically comes down to this: if we don't do them, next weekend there will be twice as many of them and I won't have any time for fun things ;)
        Glad you like it!! Green and blue are always fighting to become my favorite color :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!