• #52weeknailchallenge - week 40: White + Pink

    Hi everyone!


    Long time no see, right? You probably guessed it... life interfered again :(
    But that means I have a lot of catching up to do, so brace yourselves for several manicures in the coming days (if life doesn't act up of course... so I better start typing fast!)

    First in the line of past manicures is this White + Pink design for the 52 Week Nail Art Challenge. October is breast cancer awareness month and this year it hit a little too close to home for comfort (in case you are wondering if those regular checkups are worth it, I now know they definitely are!!!). The ribbon color for breast cancer is pink but I didn't feel like doing ribbons, so I chose to do a very feminine manicure with one of the prettiest pink polishes I own. This is the result:


    The gorgeous pink you see on my thumb, index and pinky is piCture pOlish New York, a lovely scattered pink that is just right, not too sweet, not too pale, just perfect :) I needed three thin coats for full opacity (two on my pinky).

    The gradient was created using more scattered holos: piCture pOlish LakoDom (off white), piCture pOlish Grace (pale pink) and of course New York again, over a single coat of LakoDom.

    I finished the design by stamping a lace pattern from MoYou Bridal 07 on top of the gradient, using Hit the Bottle Snowed In. All that was needed after that was a coat of Seche Vite on all nails and voila, done!


    piCture pOlish New York, piCture pOlish Grace, piCture pOlish Lakodom, Hit the Bottle Snowed In


    I absolutely loved creating and wearing this manicure, not in the least because of that beautiful pink. New York definitely is my kind of pink, not too sickly sweet so the enamel on my teeth starts to come off, not eye-blinding bright, and of course my favorite kind of finish: scattered holo, so it's just pure perfection as far as I'm concerned. I hope you like my nails as much as I still do :)


    6 comments:

    1. As it is useful that your blog gives so much insight about the different varieties of nail arts and it is favorite past time of almost females to make their nail more beautiful as nail is the recognized part as it defines the beauty of the female so it should look attractive and charming.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Replies
      1. Are you sure it isn't TOO girly for you? ;)
        (just kidding, I love it myself, girly or not)

        Delete
    3. I am swooning so hard. I just LOVE this and I couldn't agree with you more about that shade of pink. Your gradient is giving me life though!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hehe, I already had an inkling you would like this ;) Thanks so much!

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!