• Happy 14th birthday nails

    Hi everyone!


    Recently my eldest niece celebrated her 14th birthday. She's getting more and more interested in nail art (she has her own stamper, some plates and as of her party she has a good detail brush and more plates) so of course I couldn't go to her party without a new manicure... and this is what I created:


    On my middle and ring finger I painted three thin coats of a beautiful polish filled with "thingies": Vespere by Tips Polish, a gorgeous burgundy jelly that is stuffed with holographic glitter and red-to-orange-to-green shifting flakies. It dries a bit gritty but that's nothing a coat of Seche Vite can't handle.

    When I first saw this polish, I knew I wanted to stamp a negative image on it, to let the thingies peek out between the stamping polish. Also, my niece was wondering if stamping polishes were really worth it as you can also use "normal" polishes to stamp with, so this was the perfect opportunity to show her what the advantage of a stamping polish is.

    I chose Colour Alike 65 Blush Pink to stamp flowers from Whats Up Nails B018 Fields of Flowers and I also painted one coat of Blush Pink on my thumb, index and pinky. It's a great stamping polish but since it's a stamping polish it doesn't self level as good as normal polish, so I had to be careful painting my nails (but of course this isn't unusual for a stamping polish).

    And apart from a coat of Seche Vite on all nails that was it... all done!


    Tips Vespere, Colour Alike 65 Blush Pink


    It's SO weird seeing this beautiful teenager, all tall and self assured when it feels like only yesterday she was just a little girl who would love to sit on my lap while I read her a story. She did snuggle up at the end of the party to take a good look at my nails and to show off her own manicure. She'd painted "14 jaar" (dutch for '14 years old') on the nails of one hand and "jarig" (dutch for 'having a birthday') on the other. Yep, already she can freehand better than I can! And even though I sometimes miss the little girl, I can't wait to see what the future holds for her (and her sister of course).

    Happy 14th birthday!!

    5 comments:

    1. Awwwwwww.... This is so sweet!! I wish I had an aunt like you. Or even someone who is into nail polish the way I am.

      I would have loved to see the birthday girls manicure... Actually I vote to see more mani's!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well... you have Michelle and me? ;) (I know, you meant someone closer that you can paint nails with etc.)

        I'll ask my niece if she took a picture of her nails (and if she didn't I'm going to teach her she HAS to do that, as it's so much fun to see how much you've improved after a while). If she has a picture and she allows me to share it, I'll make sure to do so :)

        Delete
    2. Aww that is so cute! I hope she had a beautiful birthday and a spectacular year ahead. I love that she loves nail art like you. I also vote to see more of her mani's!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh...I told you on IG that I am obsessed with your nails but I feel I need to say it again. I LOVE this! The polishes, the colour, the stamping. perfection.

        Delete
      2. Thanks Michelle! She was glowing the entire day and we got lots of hugs when we left so I think she had a great day. As for the year, I can only hope it will be spectacular :)

        Looking at this manicure after a month makes me want to do it again... yep, definitely one of my favorites!

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!