• Green and gray

    Hi everyone!


    I wanted to do a happy, colorful manicure so I started out... by picking gray and white ;)
    Of course I picked those non-colors for a reason, I wanted them to look nice with the yellow I had in mind. Yellow didn't happen though because I spotted the beautifullest (yep, I've decided that's a word) lime green bottle when I was searching for... what was that color again? So green it was... and that's how this happened:


    The gorgeous green I used is called Matcha Doing Today? and was created by Il était un vernis. Matcha is not just a lime green holo but there are pink colored glass flecks in there and a very generous scoop of gold shimmery thingies. The pink is shy though, so most of the time it's an elegant lime green but every now and then you get a glimpse of what's hiding inside. I used two thin coats on my middle finger but one coat is almost opaque so if you're in a hurry, you could get away with it.

    I painted my thumb, index and pinky with two coats of Illyrian Polish The Moon, a medium gray polish with a subtle linear holo flame. When I had finished with the second coat, I felt the gray was a bit too pale for what I had in mind so I added one coat of Cirque Colors Magnum Opus, a darker gray holo with a purple-pinkish sheen. Combined it turned out to be the exact color I had in mind.

    Last but not least the accent on my ring finger: two coats of OPI Alpine Snow as the base, triangles from MoYou London Holy Shapes 13, stamped with OPI Dark Side of the Moon and some of them colored in with Matcha, and as usual, I finished with a generous coat of Seche Vite on all nails :)

    As usual, the bottle line-up:

    Illyrian Polish The Moon, Cirque Colors Magnum Opus, Il était un vernis Matcha Doing Today?,
    OPI Alpine Snow, OPI Dark Side of the Moon


    Quick, easy and lots of holo: I'm ready for Summer and sunny weather... so bring it on!


    This manicure was inspired by nails that were used on Lakodom, a Russian webshop, to promote the stamping plate. Unfortunately there is no creator mentioned so this is all the credit I can give.

    2 comments:

    1. I had to giggle at the colourful mani, but you started with white and grey part. Sounds exactly like you.

      Glad to see there's some non-Triad posts from you. Love the mani btw, especially the green.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hmmm... I'm getting predictable, eh? ;)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!