• Friday Triad: inspired by... me!

    Hi everyone!


    This month's inspiration for the Triad manicure was chosen by Juanita and she picked this one. It's my dusty chevrons manicure that I did back in November 2017! I won't bore you with the jumping up and down, the running around like crazy, the cheering, the shoving mobile phones under other people's noses to make sure they knew what had happened, because that totally didn't happen... or did it? ;)

    Either way, I immediately knew I didn't want to change the overall design (speckled polish, chevrons, floral image) but as it's supposed to be almost summer now (not that the sun knows that but according to my calendar it's just around the corner) I decided to go for a bright color palette this time and what is brighter than neon, right?


    I started out by painting my thumb, index and middle finger with Painted Polish Glass Slipper Showdown, an uber-cute white crelly with small pink, gold, blue and lavender holo glitters in it. It took two slightly thicker coats for full opacity and it dried a bit gritty but that's quickly remedied with a coat of Seche Vite.

    My ring finger was painted with three thin coats of ILNP Avalanche, a silver metallic concoction with a generous scoop of holo pigment thrown in for good measure. Of course my light box kills all holo sparkles, but in real life it is very present :)

    Last but not least my pinky received one coat of Colour Alike Fuchsia Flash, a neon pink stamping polish that can be used as a normal polish as well. It dries matte (as a proper neon should) but Seche Vite is the perfect cure for that as well.

    On to the decorations! In 2017 I drove myself just about nuts trying to work with striping tape. Since then I've acquired (read: talked my husband into buying for me) MoYou Artist Collection 28, a plate with all sorts of 'cornered lines' that are great for stamping chevrons. I did use tape for this manicure as well, to remove the unwanted parts of the image that was picked up on my stamper before I placed it on the nail of my middle finger. I used purple Zoya Chiara and pink Fuchsia Flash for the lines and carefully filled in the triangular part near my cuticle with Avalanche. When all that had dried, I used the tiniest brush I have to touch up the purple where I had colored outside the lines a bit and I finished with a generous coat of Seche Vite.

    Last but not least I stamped small flowers from UberChic Yay Spring! using Zoya Chiara on my ring finger and covered that with a coat of Seche Vite as well.


    Don't you love these colors together? Just looking at the bottles makes me smile:

    Painted Polish Glass Slipper Showdown, Colour Alike Fuchsia Flash, Zoya Chiara, ILNP Avalanche


    Redoing my earlier design was so much fun! It even got me thinking I might do this more often. What do you think, yay or nay?

    I really can't wait to see what Michelle and Juanita did. I'm pretty sure Michelle will approve of the pink I used, but since we're close to Summer over here, they are getting ready for Winter. So will they have used cool and subdued colors to fit the season? Are they defying Winter with even brighter colors than I have used? Will we see Pebble on Juanita's nails again? All the answers are available on their blogs: here and here :)

    4 comments:

    1. OMG you actually wearing neon!! I love it! I knew you would nail it.

      And of course I would use pebble!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hehe, thanks!!
        I do have a couple of neons and as an accent... when it's summer... and the stars align... I might actually wear one of them ;)

        Delete
    2. Holy smokes I love love love love the Pink (as you guessed) but I just love all these colors together. Wow I didn't think the original could get any better. You nailed it!
      Also, yah for doing it again!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks hun!
        I kind of expected you to like the pink... heck, it's so bad I actually think "Michelle would like this" when I see something pink ;)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!