• Bling-y autumn manicure

    Hi everyone!


    I was looking for a clean, office friendly look and this is what it turned out to be :)

    indoors, no flash
    As base color I used Cirque Colors Never Nude, a beautiful champagne colored holographic polish that was released in spring 2013 as part of the Dark Horse collection. Never Nude is a bit sheer but two layers were enough to obtain full opacity. It looks like champagne colored gold but when hit by direct light or sunlight, the rainbows are gorgeous... I really should have remembered to take a picture of my nails before I added the bling :(

    Anyway, since there was no sun to be seen and I didn't want to walk around with a flash light pointed at my hands, I decided to add something. I contemplated stamping over it but couldn't decide on a color (brown? blue? eggplant?) or a design (Konad? MoYou?). I thought about dots or maybe an accent nail but again... the color thing.

    While searching for inspiration, I found a glitter polish I bought a while ago with beautiful orange and copper glitters in various sizes: Polish Alcoholic Autumn Leaves and I dabbed one layer over Never Nude. After that had dried, I added two generous layers of Seche Vite so the surface would be smooth.

    indoors, flash
    Even though it is a bit flashy (for me) I really like this manicure. It reminds me of the leaves on trees after a light autumn rain, where the sunshine shimmers in all the drops that are still there. Of course we don't get these light rains, we get thunderstorms and buckets of rain that are poured out over our heads when we dare to go outside... and leaves don't stay on trees during those storms either! But at least I now have a beautiful autumn on my nails :)

    These are the polishes I used:

    Cirque Colors Never Nude, Polish Alcoholic Autumn Leaves


    What do you think? Do you like it this way or do you think I should have used a creme polish instead of the holo?


    Polish Alcoholic Autumn Leaves can be bought from Polish Alcoholic on Etsy.
    Cirque Colors Never Nude can be bought from Pretty Polish.

    2 comments:

    1. Perfect fall manicure! Really reminds me of the leaves when they begin to change.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! Sabrina (Polish Alcoholic) gave her polish the perfect name :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!