• Not so plain red nails

    Hi everyone!


    2016 is almost over and I haven't even posted my Christmas nails yet, let alone my New Years manicure! So here's a quick post to show you the nails that I wore during Christmas and the days after that.

    I've probably said it before, holidays are always bittersweet for me since my dad passed away in 2011. I love seeing all my family having fun together but there's always this little voice in the back of my head telling me my dad should have been there too, to enjoy the company and see how my nephew loves to play with his big cousins (so cute, those three really are crazy about each other, even though the girls are 8 and 10 years older... or maybe that's the reason they are so patient with that little 2 year old tornado) and feel the warmth and love of being with the people you've been with for your entire life. On special occasions (like my dad's birthday, the day he passed away and Fathers Day) I usually wear classic red nails as my father loved those best so when I was trying (and miserably failing) to think of a design for my holiday nails, my husband asked me why I didn't just do what felt good... and boy, did he get it right again!

    After some searching I chose Il était un vernis Pinot Noir, a gorgeous dark red holo that seems to glow from within and is just Christmas in a bottle to me:

    indoors, no flash

    I tried to add some stamping as I figured that was what people would expect from me, but it didn't feel right so I removed it and re-painted my nails with two coats of Pinot Noir on all nails and a coat of Seche Vite and that was it... and guess what? It felt great to just leave it like that :)

    I'm awful at photographing holographic polishes but I keep trying so here's a picture with flash in an attempt to show you all how absolutely perfect this polish is:

    indoors, no flash
    Not a complete failure but I'm not doing this beauty any justice. You can see the glow a bit but please trust me when I say this polish is so much prettier in real life. I think it's discontinued now so if you happen to come across a bottle don't hesitate and get it, because not only is it too pretty for words, but the formula is great as well.


    Update: added the bottle shot that I totally forgot
    Il était un vernis Pinot Noir


    I hope to be back later today with my New Years manicure but if not, I wish you all a safe end of 2016 and all the best for the coming year.




    Il était un vernis Pinot Noir was bought from Hypnotic Polish.

    2 comments:

    1. Hi there! It's a pretty red, uncommon with its finish.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It definitely is... one of the prettiest red holos I know :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!