• #52weeknailchallenge - week 4: Mermaids

    Hi everyone!


    The fourth prompt for the 52 Week Nail Art Challenge is Mermaids. And of course I don't own any mermaid themed plates... so I opted for a sophisticated mermaid with color changing scales:


    Three of my nails were the easiest ever: thumb, index and pinky were painted with two thin coats of OPI Lady in Black and a coat of Seche Vite. The other two nails started out easy as well, I painted my middle and ring finger with a thin coat of Spell Polish Eluding the Cloud, a sparkly steel blue that shifts to turquoise and purple depending on the light.

    I wanted to add a bit more color so I used Spell Polish To the Moon and Back (beautiful teal shifting into purple and pink) and a piece of sponge to create a subtle gradient. You can see it best on my ring finger... or at least I hope you can ;)

    The final push into mermaid nails was done by stamping scales from Messy Mansion plate LilyAnna 14 using Hit the Bottle As Black As Night.


    The polishes I used (and only now I realize I forgot to add OPI Lady in Black to the line up):
    Spell Polish To the Moon and Back, Spell Polish Eluding the Cloud, Hit the Bottle As Black As Night

    I'm so sad the gradient doesn't want to show up on camera. I must have taken over twenty pictures and this was the best. I guess I have to figure out how to photograph my nails under water as I've been told that is the best way to show off all the possible colors. If you have tips, please share them!

    I loved looking at the multichromes though... I really should wear them more often as they are SO gorgeous and, different from other brands, they have this sparkle that makes them even prettier. Yep, definitely won't put them in the back when I clean up my desk :) So what do you think? Does this qualify as mermaid nails?



    Spell Polish Eluding the Cloud and To the Moon and Back were bought from The Nailista Shop (now closed).
    Hit the Bottle As Black As Night was bought from Hypnotic Polish.

    0 comments → #52weeknailchallenge - week 4: Mermaids

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!