• #52weeknailchallenge - week 1: Pink + Purple

    Hi everyone!


    First things first: best wishes for 2018 and I hope it'll be a year full of love and laughter and hopefully some beautiful manicures ;)

    And talking about manicures... in a weak moment I was persuaded to try and do the 52 Week Nail Art Challenge. @polish_portfolio created 52 challenges, one for each week of the year and you can see all results by looking for the tag #52weeknailchallenge on social media. The first challenge is Pink + Purple and that's what I did, a (pale) pink and purple manicure:



    When thinking about colors for this manicure I had two things in mind: I wanted something light after the dark manicures I'd been wearing for the holidays and I wanted to use a polish that came close to the Pantone color of the year 2018: Ultra Violet. Did I manage both criteria? I'll let you be the judge of that :)

    I wanted to use Orly Kiss the Bride but it was too sheer for what I had in mind (duhh... it's a jelly!) so I used China Glaze Let's Chalk About It as undies and that worked perfectly. So in the picture you see two thin coats of Let's Chalk About It on all nails, followed by a not too thin coat of Kiss the Bride and a coat of Seche Vite to help it dry faster. I double stamped my middle and ring finger with a swirly image from Born Pretty plate BP-17 using first Hit the Bottle Snowed In and Zoya Serenity. After that all that was left for me to do was another coat of Seche Vite and my first manicure of 2018 was done!


    These are the polishes I used:
    China Glaze Let's Chalk About It, Orly Kiss the Bride, Zoya Serenity, Hit the Bottle Snowed In


    Quick, easy and exactly what I had in mind so I'm definitely happy with these nails. I hope you like them too :)



    Zoya Serenity was bought from Pretty Polish.

    2 comments:

    1. It's great that you decided to join!! It takes the guess work out of nail art. Also that image!! I have at least 2 mani's tagged that has it, guess I'm gonna have to add this one.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with posting a manicure each week but I'm definitely going to give it my best :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!