• Glittery butterflies

    Hi everyone!


    Last Friday we had to go to a birthday dinner so of course I wanted to have pretty nails (not to mention that friends and family actually expect to see a special manicure and of course I don't want to disappoint them ;) Unfortunately work is totally crazy these last weeks so I can only show them to you now, when they've already had to make room for new decorations... Oh well, at least we can look at the pictures, right? So let's do that right now:


    I used piCture pOlish Douceur, a lovely nude crelly with pink and burgundy glitters, and painted four coats on my middle finger, ring finger and pinky. That may sound like a lot of coats (and to be honest, it was ;) but while waiting for a layer to dry I could work on the decals I planned to use so I made efficient use of the time I had. My thumb and index were painted with two coats of piCture pOlish Moscow, a pretty scattered holo that is a perfect match for the burgundy glitters in Douceur.

    The decals were easy: I stamped butterflies from Born Pretty BP-74 on a silicone mat using dark silver Catrice Chrome Infusion 01 Stainless Silver, filled the wings with Moscow and covered the entire thing with a coat of Douceur to hide any bubbles that might appear when I put the decals on my nails.

    I used a full nail sized one on my middle finger and cut out one butterfly for my ring finger. A generous coat of Seche Vite on all my nails provided protection and gloss and that was it, one birthday manicure ready to be shown off :)


    These are the polishes I used:

    piCture pOlish Moscow, Catrice Chrome Infusion 01 Stainless Silver, piCture pOlish Douceur

    I have some doubts about the tarnished silver I used. I like that it's not a harsh, cool silver but there's something about it that bugs me a bit... or maybe that's just in my head. What do you think? Should I have gone for a true silver or not?

    My nails got some unexpected "use" as well... they turned out to be great entertainers as one of the guests was a little boy who kept asking me to "make the butterflies fly" by wiggling my fingers (and just thinking about his smiling face makes this manicure a wonderful memory, even if it isn't the most brilliant one I have done ;)



    piCture pOlish Douceur and Moscow were bought from Pretty Polish.

    0 comments → Glittery butterflies

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!