• #52weeknailchallenge - week 31: Flowers

    Hi everyone!


    This definitely is NOT what I'm wearing today... but it was on my nails a week ago, before someone managed to crank up the temperature a little more. It has been SO hot over here I wasn't even able to paint my nails properly as the polish dried faster than any self leveling ability could kick in so I've actually been going commando for almost a week! But that all happened after I did the Flower prompt for the 52 Week Nail Challenge:


    I wanted something bright and happy on my nails so I searched a bit until I stumbled across this almost neon pink beauty with holographic flakies: Cirque Colors Lolly Lips. I used three thin coats on my thumb, index and pinky for full opacity.

    My first idea was to combine it with white and black but I wanted to make Lolly Lips the star of this manicure, so instead of white I picked a pretty nude that had landed on my desk a few days before (courtesy of Him, you know, that big enabler that I'm married to ❤️) called OPI Machu Peach-u. Two coats were used on my middle and ring finger.

    I stuck with black though, Hit the Bottle As Black As Night, to pick up an abstract floral image from Moyra 64 Perfume. I colored in the flower bits with Lolly Lips while the image was still on my stamper, left it to dry a little bit and carefully pressed it on my nail... repeat that three times (as my right index and middle finger were done with the floral image as well) and voila, finished!


    The polishes I used:
    Cirque Colors Lolly Lips, OPI Machu Peach-u, Hit the Bottle As Black As Night


    I never really liked polishes with "thingies" in them but over time I've started to appreciate some of them. Lolly Lips isn't just appreciated but LOVED! I mean, it's a cool pink, it sparkles like crazy in the sunshine AND it's gorgeous in low light and the formula is a dream to work with... what's not to love about that? I hope you like what I've done with it as much as I do :)

    4 comments:

    1. Very fancy nails! Love the combination.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I feel like Lolly Lips is the polish of my dreams. You can absolutely add this to the stash of polish you are keeping for me. (You are doing this right? ;) )
      I absolutely love the combination and that stamping is just gorgeous.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Uhm... of course I'm keeping a stash for you! All polishes that I don't think are meant for me are yours! *whispers to her polishes they don't have to worry as she doesn't want to get rid of even one of them*

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!