• Surprise manicure!

    Hi everyone,


    nope, it's not the end of the month. It's a surprise manicure, coming from the finally decreasing chaos that has been our home for the last four months. But no complaining about kitchen renovations this time, I want to show you a manicure I did after a bottle of polish was returned to me (I didn't even remember lending it out, so here's to friends who remember stuff like that for me ;)



    The polish in question is the beautiful, dusty, darker mint-y colored essie Udon Know Me. Seeing the color triggered a little ping in my brain as I knew I had seen a manicure with a similar polish recently and lo and behold, I had actually pinned it! It's this one by Tine of @tinesuchtnachmehr. And since the black polish from the Triad manicure was still on my desk, as was the white that I never used in the end, all ingredients were available to recreate Tine's manicure and so I did :)

    I started with painting all my nails with a coat of Udon Know Me. It wasn't completely opaque so I followed up with another coat on all but my ring finger.

    When that was dry, I created a gradient using Udon Know Me and Painted Polish Blanc Slate. Blanc Slate is a stamping polish, which is why I didn't start with a white base to create a gradient over as I knew it would cover the colored base perfectly. Added bonus: no white peeking out close to my cuticles ;)

    Last but not least the stamping: the full nail image (that I think looks like foam in a bubble bath) came from Lesly plate LS-52 and the lines (that I totally should have done using striping tape) can be found on Clear Jelly Stamper CJS-52. All stamping was done using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief and of course everything was covered with a generous coat of Seche Vite to seal and add gloss.


    The bottle shot:
    essie Udon Know Me, Painted Polish Blanc Slate, Painted Polish Midnight Mischief


    I think this is the first time this year that I did a manicure 'just because' and not because it was time for the monthly Triad. Yep, I've been going commando for weeks... and now that my nails look all nice and colorful again, I have to admit I missed seeing that. So I'm going to try and do my nails (and post about them!) more often. Not making any promises, but hopefully you should see some more activity from now on *keeps fingers crossed*

    0 comments → Surprise manicure!

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!