• My polish, your plate - 4

    Hi everyone!


    It's time for another round of My polish, your plate. This time I picked the polish (China Glaze DV8) and Michelle picked the leaves-with-wallpaper from plate (MoYou Trend Hunter 12). This is my manicure with the two:


    I started by painting my thumb, ring finger and pinky with two thin coats of China Glaze DV8, a gorgeous turquoise with a very strong linear flame (and I do mean STRONG... if my camera can't kill it, it is definitely strong ;) If I had applied it with a bit more care, I could probably have gotten away with one coat. I found that I had to make sure the first coat was dried completely though, as the second coat would pull it up if it wasn't.

    My other two nails were painted with two coats of OPI Alpine Snow, my go-to white creme.

    After that, all I did was pick up the chosen image from Trend Hunter 12 using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief and color in the leaves with DV8. After that I rolled it on my middle finger, covered everything with Seche Vite and started looking for spots with a bit of sunshine or direct light to gaze at the gorgeous rainbows on my nails :)

    China Glaze DV8, OPI Alpine Snow, Painted Polish Midnight Mischief


    This is actually the second incarnation of this manicure. The first attempt involved negative space and boy, was it a disaster! I didn't even wait for the polish to dry to reach for acetone and cotton pads ;) I like this version much better and I hope you like it too (even if it's way too summer-y for the current gloomy, rainy stuff outside my window)

    4 comments:

    1. DV8, always a fav of mine :-D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I haven't had DV8 for very long but I can see why so many people love it. I definitely do :)

        Delete
    2. I was a little intimidated by our choices this month but when I started i thought it was actually quite fun. I love the combination you did and after seeing yours I actually wish I had used ILNP - shaved ice to pair with it. This turned out beautifully. If you like DV8 i think you will like TTYL too. For me the holo is even more potent (or visible) and a bit of a different colour.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ooh, I didn't think of using a glitter crelly base. Then again, I love the stark contrast between the white, the black and the blue which is way this was on my nails for almost a week ;) *has to check on TTYL*

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!