• 52 week nail art challenge - 29: Nautical

    Hi everyone,


    this week's prompt is Nautical, and I already knew I wanted to do a manicure in the classic colors for the theme: blue, white and gold. So I sat down to pick the perfect colors for my idea and this is the result:


    I started by painting my thumb and ring finger with two coats of KIKO 518 Light Navy Blue. My index and middle finger were done in three coats of white OPI Angel with a Leadfoot. And lastly my pinky received two coats of gorgeous matte gold OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby (LAMB).

    I then picked up horizontal lines from Whats Up Nails B048 Simple Shapes using KIKO 518 and stamped them on the white nails.

    The anchor on my ring finger is part of an image of Born Pretty plate BP-33 that I picked up using LAMB. I isolated the anchor by removing the unwanted parts with sticky tape and a thin brush. I then painted a coat of Seche Vite on my ring finger and when it became tacky I rolled the anchor on my nail.

    All that was left for me to do was add a layer of top coat on my thumb, index and middle finger. I left my ring finger and pinky without top coat to preserve the matte effect of LAMB.


    The polishes I used:

    KIKO 518 Light Navy Blue, OPI Angel with a Leadfoot, OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby



    These nails make me smile! They are summery and I really like the combination of the dusty blue, the crisp white and the matte gold. Definitely a win in my book 😊

    2 comments:

    1. Very nice ... definitely makes me think of summers by the lake (not that I've spent many that way, but it's good to daydream about).

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks!
        Ooh, that sounds like a great way to spend my summer! All I need is a boat and a lake 😉 (but I'm close to the sea so that counts, right?)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!