• Kings & Queens on Sunday

    Hi everyone!


    This should have been the 12th installment of My polish, your plate but unfortunately Michelle has had to make the tough decision to stop blogging. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's not forever but at this point it's way too early to think about that, so I'm not even going to guess.

    At first I didn't want to post this, but it's been sitting in my Draft folder and I like the manicure too much to just delete it... so here it is:


    I started out by painting my thumb, index and pinky with ILNP Kings & Queens, a beautiful burgundy colored, very strong linear holo that was surprisingly opaque. I needed just two coats for full opacity.

    My middle and ring finger were done in three thin coats of ILNP Sunday, a sweet pink with dark red speckles so it is still a cute color but with a tiny bit of an edge, just enough to make it more interesting.

    Then came the stamping. I really liked the image... until I took a closer look at the plate and noticed some of the triangular parts between the circles were filled in and others were not. That totally didn't work for me! Either they are open, or they are not, not a random mix... so I picked up the image using Kings & Queens and carefully colored in each gap that I could see using a teeny tiny brush that I cut away about half the bristles of, to make it even more tiny 😉 By the time I was finished, the image on my stamper had just about dried so I covered my nail with a thin layer of base coat, waited for that to become tacky and rolled the image on my nail. And then I did the same thing for my other finger 😊

    All that was left for me to do at that point was a coat of Seche Vite and I was done!


    The polishes I used:

    ILNP Kings & Queens, ILNP Sunday


    It's a simple manicure but I think Kings & Queens is so beautiful it doesn't need much embellishing. Its holo is so strong I could even see it in the stamped parts, so a lot of finger wiggling occurred (and probably a lot of weird looks too, from people who just don't understand holo needs to be wiggled). What do you think? Is this too easy for nail art or do you also think less is sometimes more?

    0 comments → Kings & Queens on Sunday

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!