• 52 week nail art challenge 37: White + Blue

    Hi everyone!


    This weeks theme is White + Blue and as you may know, I love those two colors. I contemplated going for a porcelain design but I wanted to experiment with a new-ish purchase: Dance Legend Spot It 02 White. So I gathered some pretty blue polishes and a white, my silicone matte and set out to play. This is the result:


    I started by painting my thumb, index and pinky in three coats of OPI Dating A Royal, a lovely royal blue but oh boy, so sheer! It's a shame really as I really like the color, if only it was more opaque. Oh well, I combined it with another polish with a formula that doesn't agree with me (so I want to finish it asap) white creme essence Wild White Ways.

    While that was drying I painted small blobs of essence Wild White Ways, periwinkle blue Catrice Marina Hoermanseder C03 Côte D'Azur-Flair, denim blue Painted Polish Stamped in Denim and OPI Dating A Royal on my silicone mat. I made sure to place them in sort of a rectangle and painted a line of Dance Legend Spot It 02 White on the short side. I then dragged a fan brush from the Spot It line to the other side and... waited for the cells to form, and left the decal to dry.

    The next day I carefully peeled the very thin decal from the mat and cut it to roughly to fit on my nail. I then painted a coat of basecoat on my middle finger, let it dry until it was tacky and placed the decal on my nail. I removed the excess with a brush and acetone and finished by painting a coat of Seche Vite on top.


    The polishes I used:

    essence Wild White Ways, Catrice Marina Hoermanseder C03 Côte D'Azur-Flair, Painted Polish Stamped in Denim,
    OPI Dating A Royal, Dance Legend Spot It 02 White


    A new technique... and I really like it! I have seen some tutorials online where DIY spotted polish is used that is made with a silicone hair product and I'm definitely going to look into getting my hands on something like that. I would love to try a fluid manicure with sunset colors. Have you ever tried a fluid manicure?

    2 comments:

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!