• Simple dotted flower (or nail art isn't always hard to do ;)

    Hi everyone!


    Last week my sister-in-law came by and we ended up talking about nails and nail polish. She mentioned she really liked what I did with my nails but that it would be way too hard and way too time consuming to try it herself. Now you and I know nail art can be as hard as you make it so it can be the easiest thing ever. Of course I had to show her that and what's easier than dots, right?


    I started by painting my index and pinky with two thin coats of OPI Embrace the Gray, my thumb and ring finger with three thin coats of Colors by Llarowe Cocktail Party and my middle finger with two coats of OPI Alpine Snow. As Cocktail Party has a rather weak holo flame, I decided to add a coat of ILNP My Private Rainbow (L+S). I should have used the L version but I picked the wrong bottle so instead of linear the effect became mainly scattered... oops! A coat of Seche Vite gave everything a glossy finish.

    When that had dried I grabbed a round head pin (to show my s-i-l you don't even need special tools) and placed five dots in a circle on my nail using Cocktail Party. After cleaning the pin I used it again to place one dot of Embrace the Gray in the center and voila... a flower! Last but not least another coat of Seche Vite on my ring finger and I was done, less than ten minutes after I started.


    The polishes I used are:
    Colors by Llarowe Cocktail Party, OPI Alpine Snow, OPI Embrace the Gray, ILNP My Private Rainbow

    Of course s-i-l was suitably impressed but I have to admit I liked my nails a lot more than I thought I would. The colors and the simple flower just screamed 'happy summertime' for me. I hope you like them too and remember, there's always acetone :)



    Colors by Llarowe Cocktail Party and ILNP My Private Rainbow (L+S) are bought from Hypnotic Polish.

    0 comments → Simple dotted flower (or nail art isn't always hard to do ;)

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!