• 52 week nail art challenge - 3: Metallic

    Hi everyone!


    This week's prompt for the 52 week nail art challenge is Metallic. Usually, I stamp with metallics/chromes and mattify them, but this time I wanted to try something different and leave my nails glossy. This is the result:


    I started by painting all my nails with two thin coats of OPI This Isn't Greenland, a pastel green, that gives me vibes of olives, but according to the internet, this is pistachio. Whatever it is, it's a surprisingly neutral green and I like it... a lot :)

    When that had dried, I stamped a square on my ring finger and a triangle and striped circle on my middle finger using Painted Polish Stamped in Cacti, Greenland's darker sister. Last but not least I stamped some lines, a rectangle and a circle using Catrice Chrome Infusion 01 Stainless Silver, a silvery gray chrome that isn't shiny and bright at all but a bit darker, a perfect match with the two greens if I say so myself. The images all came from MoYou Frenchy 18 and Holy Shapes 19.

    And after that had dried a bit, I added a coat of Seche Vite and that was it!


    As usual all polishes in a row:
    OPI This Isn't Greenland, Painted Polish Stamped in Cacti, Catrice 01 Chrome Infusion Stainless Silver

    As you can see, I went for geometric and minimal this time. I thought it would be easy putting something like this together but I have found it takes some careful planning to make sure it's balanced and nice to look at. I'm not sure I've managed to get that with this manicure but I definitely want to keep trying as I really like this clean look. What do you think?

    2 comments:

    1. Replies
      1. Thanks Ananka! The Catrice is great for stamping, as are most of the Chrome Infusion collection :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!