• 52 week nail art challenge - 4: Zigzag

    Hi everyone!


    Week 4 of the 52 week nail art challenge has arrived. That means January is almost over... who pushed the fast forward button?! But the show must go on, and this week the prompt is zigzag. Let me show you what I did with it:


    I started out by painting my thumb, index and pinky with two coats of a-england Mrs. Danvers, a dark charcoal gray with a strong linear holographic flash. I really wish this polish had the same awesome formula as the old a-england polishes (easy one coaters) but no such luck. The formula isn't bad by a long shot, but stamping with it might not give the guaranteed result the old ones did. I guess I just have to try it :) (and I think I just turned into my grandma with all that talk about "the old times"... OMG)

    My middle and ring fingers were done in one coat of a-england The Soul Attains, a grayed-out pink holo with the same kind of flash as Mrs. Danvers. Of course this didn't cover completely but I had planned a gradient on top so that didn't bug me.

    The last color I added to the mix was a-england Kalinka, a medium grayed-out lilac with (again) that strong linear flash that is in the other two. It's the perfect middle for Mrs. Danvers and The Soul Attains and that's how I used it, in a gradient with Mrs. Danvers at the tip, Kalinka in the middle and The Soul Attains at the cuticle.

    Last but not least, I stamped zigzags from UberChic Got Chevron-02 using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief and I added a generous coat of Seche Vite to bring back the holo in the gradient.


    All lined up:
    a-england Mrs. Danvers, a-england Kalinka, a-england The Soul Attains, Painted Polish Midnight Mischief


    I love stamping over gradients and of course chevrons are great for that as they usually allow for a lot of open space between the stamped parts. The image I picked is no exception (or I wouldn't have picked it in the first place ;) and of course the holo polishes are SO pretty... I definitely love this manicure and I hope you do too!

    2 comments:

    1. Lovely. Can't go wrong with a-England :-D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Amen to that :) Thanks so much, Ananka!

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!