• 52 week nail art challenge - 13: Purple + Gray

    Hi everyone!


    This week the challenge is Purple + Gray. I kept my manicure very simple as inspiration is in very short supply lately. Since you can hardly ever go wrong with a dotticure, that's what I did:


    I started out by painting my thumb, index and pinky with a gorgeous medium-dark dusty purple with small red glitters and tiny holo sparkles: LCLVernis La Cigaline Coquine. It is a bit sheer to allow the glitters to peek through, so I needed two coats on my pinky and three on my index and thumb. It has a great formula so I didn't mind the three coats one bit :)

    Next came my middle finger in three coats of Cirque Colors Chainmail, a gray jelly base filled with steel-gray micro glitters and some black specks thrown in for good measure. It dries to a gritty, almost PixieDust textured finish... and since it's an old Cirque Colors polish it smells like lavender ❤️

    The accent nail was done in two coats of white OPI Angel with a Leadfoot, a slightly softer-than-bright white from the Ford Mustang collection that was released ages ago. My go-to white is Alpine Snow and AwaL isn't as crispy white as that, which is what I wanted as a base for dots I created using La Cigaline Coquine and Chainmail. I finished my manicure with a generous coat of Seche Vite on all nails but my middle finger.


    The mug shot:
    LCLVernis La Cigaline Coquine, Cirque Colors Chainmail, OPI Angel with a Leadfoot

    Quick, easy and (as far as I'm concerned) one of the nicest ways to show off pretty polishes, especially if they're not opaque enough to stamp with. I really like how this turned out. Hope you like my dots too :)

    4 comments:

    1. I love this so much. I wish I had thought of a simple but gorgeous dotticure. Those polishes are goooooorgeous!

      ReplyDelete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!