• My polish, your plate - 6

    Hi everyone!


    It's time for the sixth manicure in the ongoing My Polish, Your Plate series. It was my turn to pick a polish and I went for brick red OPI I Love You Just Be-Cusco (ILYJBC). Michelle picked the image on the right side of Pueen stamping plate 104. And this is the result of me combining the two:



    My thumb, index and pinky were done in two easy-as-pie coats of ILYJBC (and really, OPI does reds SO well these coats almost painted themselves). The other two nails received three coats of Cadillacquer Darling, Red Isn't Your Color, a off white (maybe even very pale nude tinted) crelly with small black glitters and teeny tiny red specks, making it a perfect companion for ILYJBC.

    While that was drying I picked up the chosen image from Pueen 104 using black Painted Polish Midnight Mischief and carefully colored between the lines with a small detail brush and ILYJBC. I left it on the stamper for a while to dry, painted a coat of base coat over my ring finger and stamped the image. I finished with a coat of Seche Vite to seal it all, smoothen the reverse stamp a bit and add gloss.


    The polishes I used:
    OPI I Love You Just Be-Cusco, Cadillacquer Darling Red Isn't Your Color, Painted Polish Midnight Mischief


    I have to admit the chosen image was the hurdle this time. I even made a sketch and tried different combinations to fill in the lines but I didn't like any result. So I went back to what almost always works for me: a matching glitter crelly and coloring with the main color. And you know what? It may be simple but I really like how it turned out. The red doesn't need much embellishing as it's beautiful by itself (or at least I think so) and the stamped image definitely is the focal point. What do you think? Too simple or just fine like it is?

    If you want to see what Michelle did, just click here and you'll be taken to her site.

    6 comments:

    1. I couldn't stop giggling the whole way through reading your post. After our conversation yesterday I was giggling about how similar it was AND then giggled because we both found the image to be an issue. You did a fabulous job and that red is soooo gorgeous!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I guess both ends of the world were giggling this morning ;)

        Delete
    2. Replies
      1. True! For some reason I always feel more elegant, more mature when wearing a red :)

        Delete
    3. I love this so much! When I first saw it, I immediately thought of the laces of ballerina shoes.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ohhh... now that you've said that, I can see it too! I'm going to suggest this stamp to my ballet crazy nieces next time they want to play with polish and plates :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!