• 52 week nail art challenge - 9: Neon

    Hi everyone!


    The ninth prompt for the 52 week nail art challenge... the tenth week of the year... what happened to the first nine? 2020 has only just started and now it's almost 20% over already!

    Oh well, this week we had to create something with neon. As you can tell by the overwhelming amount of neon manicures on the blog, I don't really like neon on my nails. I can appreciate it on others and when it's sweltering hot I may venture into the sunglasses-needed-territory but that hardly ever happens. And as it's cold and gray and rainy outside at the moment, I don't feel like anything bright at all... but the challenge says neon so I did neon, with a bit of a wintery twist:


    I started out by painting my thumb, index and pinky with black Cirque Colors Memento Mori. I know it looks like there's thingies in there in the picture but that's my camera freaking out over the neon. In real life Memento Mori is a pitch-black creme with a perfect formula so just one coat is sufficient for full opacity. My middle finger was done in three thin coats of Cirque Colors Extra, a blinding bright orange neon that dries to a matte finish (of course) so a topcoat is mandatory for maximum effect ;)

    The base of the accent nail (as if that orange isn't accent enough) is three thin coats of Painted Polish Midnight Memories, a pretty gray crelly with small black glitters (normal, metallic and holo) in it. When that had dried, all that I had to do was create dots in Extra and Memento Mori in several sizes and finish with a generous coat of Seche Vite on all nails.



    The line-up:
    Cirque Colors Extra, Painted Polish Midnight Memories, Cirque Colors Memento Mori


    Just like my camera, my eyes are actually freaking out when they look at the orange on my nails... so but truth be told, I do like the contrast between the cool, dark colors and the searing orange :) If only it were summer ;)

    2 comments:

    1. Can't beat neon orange! :-D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. My neon pink and neon marker-yellow are sad now ;)
        (and that's all the neon I own)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!