• 52 week nail art challenge - 14: Scrollwork

    Hi everyone!


    The 14th episode of the 52 week nail art challenge... we're at 25% already! This week the theme is Scrollwork and this is my version that sort of happened accidentally when I was playing with my newest pretties:


    I started this manicure by painting all my nails with one coat of ILNP Bluebird, the lovely periwinkle blue of the new speckled polishes that were released for Spring 2020. As green Dew Drop and mint colored Starling were sitting next to Bluebird on my desk and they looked really pretty together, I decided to do a smoosh with the three of them. The specks in the polishes unfortunately almost disappeared from that treatment so I added a thin coat of ILNP My Private Rainbow (S) to add some sparkle.

    I was thinking about stamping some negative space florals on top, or maybe just leave it like that when my husband asked me about the next prompt for the weekly challenge. I looked it up and I immediately realized the smoosh would make a really nice base for some swirls. So I grabbed Lina Twirls & Swirls 03 and white Painted Polish Blanc Slate and stamped a full image on my middle and ring finger and a single swirl on my index and pinky. A generous coat of Seche Vite sealed and smoothed everything, and that was it.


    I used these polishes:
    ILNP Bluebird, ILNP Starling, ILNP Dew Drop, ILNP My Private Rainbow (S), Painted Polish Blanc Slate


    Painting with Bluebird was easy-peasy but doing a smoosh wasn't as pleasant an experience. I love the end result but I guess the specks in the polish didn't like being smooshed so it took quite some fiddling until I was happy with it. It was worth it though as I absolutely love this! It just makes me smile when I look at it, especially when I see a quick flash coming off the glitter when I wiggle my fingers. I'm pretty sure this one is going to remain on my nails for as long as possible :)

    4 comments:

    1. Replies
      1. Thanks! I used to say I didn't link polish with thingies in them, but speckled polishes are my not-so-secret guilty pleasure, I guess :)

        Delete
    2. Oh wow. This is beautiful! I am so glad you used the smoosh for this because it turned out beautifully! I am definitely going to do a pastel smoosh with white stamping now. LOVE this!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! Smooshing is almost always a perfect base for stamping :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!