• My polish, your plate - 8

    Hi everyone!


    It's the eighth time Michelle and I challenge each other to do a manicure with a polish one of us chose and a plate chosen by the other. This time I picked ILNP Paige and Michelle settled on the flower image from Pueen plate 112. I'm not sure if my nails are 100% compliant with the rule that the chosen polish should be a prominent part of the manicure but there is no way I could have used that polish and that image in any other way. Here is what I did:


    I started by painting my thumb, index and pinky with three coats of ILNP Paige, the most holo-y bright pink holo I have ever seen. I knew it was pretty but I couldn't remember it being this gorgeous 😍

    The other two nails were done in two thin coats of LCLvernis Mahalo, a beautiful sand colored polish with tiny copper flecks.

    While that was drying I picked up the flower image from Pueen 112 using black Painted Polish Midnight Mischief. I colored in the flowers with Paige, the leaves with green Masura Peace in Love and the cattail with brown Colors by Llarowe Mocha Grande. I left that to dry for a bit while I repeated the process on a second stamper.

    I finished by painting a coat of base coat on my nails and placing the reverse stamps where I wanted them. I removed the excess parts with a brush and some acetone and sealed everything with a generous coat of Seche Vite. And voila, sparkly pink flowers on my nails 😊


    The line up:
    ILNP Paige, Masura 1142 Peace in Love, LCLVernis Mahalo, Colors by Llarowe Mocha Grande, Painted Polish Midnight Mischief


    I love this, plain and simple. Paige was actually the second choice as Michelle didn't have the first polish I picked or a good enough dupe... and am I glad she didn't as this polish and her image were made for each other as far as I'm concerned.

    I wonder what her version looks like. I'm pretty sure she has pink flowers too but apart from that? Not a clue... so let's click here and check it out.


    6 comments:

    1. Ah I love this!!! I didn't want to write it in my post but I wish I went with a plain creme instead of paper route. I think your flowers show up so much better (yes, even though you didn't use a straight creme). Hahaha The minute I put the image on my nails I realised the bigger parts may not have been flower :P

      I love how yours turned out!! I love your choice. You nailed it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much! I have to admit I love the ethereal look of Paper Route in yours, but I wouldn't want to change a thing about my version. Let's agree on we both did a great job, 'kay?

        Delete
    2. What a beautiful manicure!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much, Karen! I loved creating this and I guess it shows <3

        Delete
    3. Replies
      1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you like it too :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!