• 52 week nail art challenge - 17: Holo

    Hi everyone,


    the year steadily progresses and so does the weekly nail art challenge. We're at theme 17 already and this week's prompt is Holo. I had about as many ideas as I have holo polishes, but in the end I settled on a simple manicure with the color I always associate with holo: silver. This is what happened next:



    I started by painting my middle and ring finger with my chosen holo: a-england The Heart Desires, a silver linear holo with a very strong orange flame (if my camera can't kill it completely, it has to be REALLY strong). Unfortunately it isn't as opaque as the older a-england polishes so I needed three coats for full opacity.

    My thumb, index and pinky received two thin coats of a-england Elaine, a beautiful dark purple that has some dustyness in it. It's almost a one coater so I also used it to pick up a leaf design from MoYou Fall in Love 04. I colored in the leaves with Painted Polish Blanc Slate and a tiny detail brush and rolled the image on my nails. A coat of Seche Vite was all I needed to finish my manicure.


    The polishes I used:
    a-england The Heart Desires, a-england Elaine, Painted Polish Blanc Slate


    A very simple manicure as I felt that a base this pretty doesn't need much. I hope you agree 😊

    4 comments:

    1. Love that you took the time to paint the leaves.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Looks good, loving the holo :-D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks so much, Ananka. a-england makes the best holos ❤️

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!