• Happy Spring colors

    Hi everyone!


    A couple of days ago I had some time to spend while waiting for my online meeting to begin and I ended up on a website that allows you to generate color palettes. So I clicked a bit, clicked some more and I ended up with a palette of dark brown, pale peach and coral... and I thought it would look great on my nails. So after the meeting, I went through my stash, selected some pretty colors and here's the result:


    Let's start with the colors I picked. The brown is represented by OPI I Brake For Manicures (IBFM), a perfect mix of dark brown and eggplant. Depending on the light it pulls a bit more brown or more purple. The pale peach is OPI Beyond the Pale Pink (BtPP), another go-to color for me. And I chose OPI Tagus In That Selfie! (Tagus, not going to abbreviate this one like the others 😉) for the pinkish coral color. In the picture it looks really pink but when I put it next to a real pink I can see it has a bit of coral in it, a perfect match for BtPP.

    I painted my thumb and pinky with two coats of IBFM, my index with three thin coats of Tagus, and my middle and ring finger with three thin coats of BtPP.

    I recently added some Clear Jelly Stamper plates to my collection and one of the new plates is a small square one filled with different images of daisies, CjS-113 Daisy Do Daisy, and I was curious how to layer-stamp which is what Clear Jelly Stamper is famous for. So I chose a full nail image that needed two layers on top of each other.

    The daisy flowers I picked up with Tagus and stamped it on my ring finger. After that I picked up the centers of the flowers using IBFM, made sure I had my stamper oriented the right way so the centers would line up with the flowers and stamped the centers in the right place. And voila, daisies with different colored centers within seconds! All my nails needed at this point was a coat of Seche Vite and that was all.


    These are the polishes I used:
    OPI I Brake For Manicures, OPI Tagus In That Selfie!, OPI Beyond the Pale Pink

    A very quick manicure... I think writing this post took more time than the actual manicure 😆 That layered stamping is something I'm going to play with a bit more. This one was simple but I have seen some designs that look way more challenging. For now I'll just enjoy the pretty colors that are on my nails though, no acetone yet 😉

    0 comments → Happy Spring colors

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!