• My polish, your plate - 11

    Hi everyone!


    Another episode of My polish, your plate where Michelle and I challenge each other to do a manicure with the polish one of us chose and the stamping plate picked by the other. This time Michelle went for OPI Was It All Just a Dream? from the Grease collection of 2018 and I chose the daisy-like image from the fifth row, second column of Lina Feeling Shapely! 05. Let me show you what my version of the combination looks like:


    I started out by two thin coats of OPI Was It All Just a Dream? (WIAJaD), a lovely mint colored creme, on my thumb, index and pinky. My middle finger was painted with four (or five?) coats of Misslyn Rock Candy, a white textured polish that is horribly sheer but it's the only completely white textured polish I have so I'm happy to own it 😊

    My ring finger was painted in two thin coats of OPI Alpine Snow. When that had dried, I picked up the daisy thingies from Lina Feeling Shapely! 05 using LCLVernis Papayolo, a gorgeous green holo that is opaque enough to stamp with. I carefully removed some of the 'flowers' so each one was far away enough from the others to allow me to stamp them individually. Which I did 😉 I then did the same thing with WIAJaD and stamped lighter colored daisies between the darker ones.

    I top-coated all my nails except the textured one and when that was dry I colored in the centers of the darker daisies with Rock Candy to pull everything together.


    The mug shot:
    OPI Was It Just a Dream?, OPI Alpine Snow, LCLVernis Papayolo, Misslyn Rock Candy


    I started out with a different idea but I guess it kind of evolved while I was working on it. I love the end result, and I hope you do too 😊

    If you want to see what Michelle did, just click here and you'll be taken to her site in a jiffy.

    4 comments:

    1. aaghhhhh you're a genius!! I love this so much and I love how you did it. I definitely do not perform well under pressure :P wow this is gorgeous!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Awww... thanks 💕 But your version looks great too, nothing beats mint + white + black... ever!

        Delete
    2. Very nice mani! Strange that the texture took so many coats ... I agree with you it was worth it though.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Karen! It's a weird polish, it looks opaque in the bottle but it's the sheerest of sheers when you apply it. I'm still hoping to find a better pure white texture but until then this one is going nowhere 😉

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!