• Zoya Delight Spring 2015 - Lillian

    Hi everyone!


    Today, slightly later than intended, the last of the Zoya Delight collection: Lillian.

    indoors, no flash
    From the Zoya website:
    Lillian by Zoya can be best described as a faded aquamarine with a glossy cream finish.

    Lillian is a beautiful pastel blue creme with a hint of green in it (so aquamarine is a pretty good description) and a glossy finish. It has the same formula as Eden, the pink creme of this collection, which means I had to use two-three coats to get full opacity (three for my thumb, two for my pinky). This turned out to be my favorite of the entire collection, with Eden as a close runner up.

    indoors, no flash
    I tried to add some stamping on my nails with Il était un vernis In Teal We Trust and Born Pretty plate BP-L008 but it turned out less than stellar as I was hurrying too much because the cable maniacs needed even the tiny corner I had reserved for myself and my normal scraper was hidden behind piles of  stuff that could not be moved (according to said cable maniacs) so I had to scrape with a card that was too thin. To make things even worse I didn't have access to my bottle of acetone and clean up brush (which were behind the piles as well) so I had to clean up my fingers and cuticles with nail polish remover and a cotton bud...

    The polishes I used:
    Zoya Lillian, Il était un vernis In Teal We Trust
    Oh well, it's only nail polish so I'm going to remove this manicure when I get home and try something else... IF the house is all back to its normal state instead of the chaos I left behind when I went to the office this morning :D

    Lessons to be learned from this weekend:
    1. don't use anything but acetone for clean up
    2. never try to do nail art when your house is a big mess ;)


    Il était un vernis In Teal We Trust was bought from The Nailista Shop.

    2 comments:

    1. Oh man! Okay, Lillian is gorgeous and I love your stamping. However. lol I couldn't imagine having to clean up with anything less than acetone and brush! You are such a trooper. Hopefully the cable work is done soon!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I definitely don't want to repeat it ;)
        All work underneath the floors is done so the floors are closed again. Tomorrow all will be finished or at least that's the plan...

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!