• Zoya Delight Spring 2015 - Tiana

    Hi everyone,


    this is a day that I should have spent in bed, hiding under the covers and isolated from the rest of the world! Instead I was surrounded by cables, guys who were pulling and pushing said cables, floors that were taken apart to get said cables into the space under the floors and all the other mess that comes with putting in a completely new wired network in our apartment so we can stream high quality movies in any room and watch tv everywhere... don't ask, it's my husbands project! Oh, and guess what? Tomorrow they are going to continue!!

    Oh well, at least I managed to free a corner of the table to polish my nails and I was looking forward to working with Zoya Tiana, the pistachio green polish of the Delight spring collection.

    indoors, no flash
    From the Zoya website:
    Tiana by Zoya can be best described as a pistachio gelato green in a glossy cream finish.

    After one coat I realized the day wouldn't get much better. Tiana is a lovely pistachio with a glossy finish and for some reason my picture makes it look a bit washed out (the color in the no-flash picture below is more accurate). But as much as I love the color, I don't think I'll try to use this polish again any time soon. Tiana has a runny, thin formula that doesn't even itself out. I really tried to make it work, I tried a thin layer followed by a thick layer, multiple thin layers, waiting for a long time between layers, but I guess we just don't get along... which is sad because I thought this would be my favourite polish in the entire collection :(


    indoors, no flash
    After the struggle to get Tiana on my nails, I didn't want to give up on my manicure just yet and of course anything can be improved by adding holo :) So I grabbed KoH Metallic Green, and painted my thumb, index and pinky with one very careful coat of Metallic Green as it immediately started to drag when I made the mistake of going over the same spot twice. After that I stamped with Born Pretty plate BP-L001 that I forgot to put that away yesterday and all my other plates were out of reach because of the cable maniacs ;)

    indoors, flash
    Metallic Green is a light green polish with a very strong rainbow that is almost blinding when direct light hits it. It stamped great but I really had to hurry as it dried almost instantly on the stamper.

    indoors, low light
    I forgot to turn on the flash when I tried to take a picture with my camera to show the rainbows, but that turned out to be a happy accident as you can now see the rainbows even show up in very low light. I'm impressed with this oldie (although it has the notorious diva behaviour older holos all seem to have ;)

    As usual the bottle shot:
    Zoya Tiana, KoH Metallic Green

    I'm still sad Tiana was so hard to work with as I really like the color but the stamping improved it a lot so I guess the day wasn't that bad after all ;)


    Do you have polishes that are terrible to work with but you use them anyway because you love the color so much?



    Zoya Tiana was bought from Pretty Polish.

    2 comments:

    1. GYAH! Yes, I would have hid under the blankets for that fiasco. ;) Hopefully it's all worth it in the end. Tiana is lovely! If it's too runny you can try leaving the bottle open for a bit (1-2 minutes to start) then shake her up to see if that thickens it a bit. Some polishes... lol they just need a little extra TLC.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for the tip, I'll try that and see if we can become friends after all :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!