Halloween isn't very big over here but of course I couldn't resist doing at least one Halloween manicure. This is what my nails looked like yesterday:
|indoors, no flash|
The base color is three coats of OPI I Have A Herring Problem, a gorgeous slate gray with silver and gold shimmer that seems to shift from gray to blue depending on the light. On top I stamped several Halloween related images using Hit The Bottle As Black As Night. The images I used are:
- thumb: spiderweb and spider from Bundle Monster BM-013 (forgot to take a picture of just my thumb, but you can still see a small part of the web)
- index: pumpkin and branches from Bundle Monster BM-224
- middle: spooky house from Bundle Monster BM-224 and spiderweb from Bundle Monster BM-13 (I wanted to add something since I stamped the house too much to the side...)
- ring: spooky house with bats from Bundle Monster BM-305
- pinky: bats from Bundle Monster BM-213
I used As Black As Night to paint the tips of my middle and ring finger to give the houses some ground to stand on instead of float around in the air. A coat of Seche Vite to seal everything and give it a glossy shine and there you have it: my very first Halloween manicure :)
The polishes used:
|OPI I Have A Herring Problem, Hit The Bottle As Black As Night|
I know it isn't orange and black, but I think they look pretty nice for a first try :)
Do you celebrate Halloween? And if so, have you done something special for Halloween?
Hit The Bottle As Black As Night was bought from Hypnotic Polish.