• #52weeknailchallenge - week 24: Blue + Yellow

    Hi everyone,


    a short post for a quick manicure as I should be in bed by now... but I wanted to post this one first ;)


    I used two polishes for this manicure: blue a-england Katherine Parr and yellow (albeit a slightly dirty kind of yellow) OPI One Chic Chick. Add MoYou stamping plate Asia 07 to that combination and you end up with the nails you can see above.

    Katherine Parr is a beautiful sapphire blue, scattered holo with the usual a-england opacity (read: almost a one coater and great for stamping). I used two thin coats on my thumb, ring finger and pinky.

    OPI One Chic Chick is a lovely pale yellow creme with just enough gray in it to make it stand out among the other pale yellows, creams and vanillas in my stash. It has a nice formula, especially for a color this light, and I needed three thin coats for a completely opaque result.

    I stamped pointy florals from MoYou Asia 07 using Katherine Parr, painted a coat of Seche Vite on all nails and that was it.


    A blue and yellow line-up:

    a-england Katherine Parr, OPI One Chic Chick

    Like I said, a short post for a very quick manicure. But I don't think Katherine Parr needs a lot of decoration anyway. A bit of sunshine would have been nice but alas... the sun has been hiding most of the day so I'm afraid you just have to take my word for it that it is a gorgeous holo (or you could search the internet for more swatches... beware though, you might end up with a lemming so Google at your own risk ;) The combination with One Chic Chick was a happy accident as I intended to use another polish and grabbed the wrong bottle. I'm glad I did though as I really like the way this looks. I hope you like it too :)



    a-england Katherine Parr was bought from Pretty Polish.

    2 comments:

    1. Very very pretty. It looks so dainty.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much. Dainty... yep, that's the right word for it *grin*

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!