• My polish, your plate - 10

    Hi everyone!


    The second My polish, your plate for this month and again a blue one, but I'm not complaining, I love blue! This time Michelle picked the squiggly lines at the top of Pueen plate 107 as image and I chose Color Club Crystal Baller as polish. Let me show you what I did with the selected items:


    My thumb, ring finger and pinky were painted with two coats of Crystal Baller, a cornflower blue, very strong linear holo. I could have sworn it was a one coater but alas, either the formula changed over time or my memory is failing me... either way, it's still gorgeous but not completely opaque in one coat.

    I painted my index and middle finger with two coats of OPI Alpine Snow, followed by a thin coat of Kinetics Unicorn Tears, lots of small iridescent flakies in a clear base. At first I wanted to use a polish with blueish flakies but while wiggling my fingers to adore the holo-effect in Crystal Baller, I noticed the sparks were all the colors of the rainbow... so rainbow colored flakies it was!

    Last but not least the stamping. I tried stamping with Crystal Baller but that totally didn't work for me. The resulting lines were so light I could hardly see them. So I stamped a darker color on top and hated what that looked like as it was too messy for me. So some acetone and some time later, I again had two white nails with flakies on top and I stamped the chosen image from Pueen 107 on top using Painted Polish Deux 2.0, a dark blue creme. I made sure to pick different parts of the image for each nail and tried to line up the image as vertical as possible instead of the angled way it is on the plate. And that looked way better, or at least I thought so 😉 I finished with a coat of Seche Vite on all nails.


    The polishes I used:
    Color Club Crystal Baller, OPI Alpine Snow, Kinetics Unicorn Tears, Painted Polish Deux 2.0


    I struggled a bit with this one after I discovered Crystal Baller didn't want to play nice with stamping. So I guess this is another manicure that may not comply to the unwritten rule that the chosen color should be prominent... but it's on three of five nails so that's over 50%, right? 😇 I do like the result though, so I still call this a win. What do you think?

    I'm so curious to what Michelle did! We're either on the same page and doing virtually the same manicure or we are miles apart. I think this one is going to be a miles apart one. Want to see if my suspicions are right? Just click here and you'll be taken to her site...

    1 comment:

    1. Yassss!!! I love this. Definitely totally different but I love it. I also thought crystal baller might stamp but I thnk it would've been ok if I stamped on dark (I considered using a dark blue base before the idea of pink hit me). You also definitely meet the requirements, crystal baller is for sure the prominent polish ;)

      ReplyDelete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!