• Pink, pink and more pink

    Hi everyone!


    A quick post about a quick manicure as lots of chores and grown-up responsibilities are waiting for me... Oh well, at least my nails will look as girly as possible in different shades of pink while I'm acting mature ;)



    I started by painting my thumb and index with two thin coats of Lacquer Lust Ruby, a beautiful pink-red polish with a strong linear flame. My pinky was done in the dustier but no less gorgeous Lacquer Lust Pink Tourmaline, also two thin coats. Rimmel 202 Fit for a Princess, a pale milky pink creme, was used in three thin coats for my middle and ring finger, and Ruby and Pink Tourmaline provided the dots on my ring finger. Glossy finish courtesy of Seche Vite and that was it... easy peasy and very fast!

    with flash
    Even with my less than great photography skills you can see the holo flame in both Lacquer Lust polishes this picture with flash... aren't they pretty?


    The polishes I used:
    Lacquer Lust Ruby, Rimmel 202 Fit for a Princess, Lacquer Lust Pink Tourmaline

    I can't think of a faster nail art technique than dots, especially since you don't need any special tools or a lot of space to work on: just the armrest of the couch (and an old magazine to protect said couch in case of oopsies) and a bobby pin that is bent beyond recognition... and about ten minutes later you're wearing happy polka dots. I don't think I'll ever not enjoy a dotticure and my current nails are no exception. I hope you like them too :)



    Lacquer Lust Ruby and Lacquer Lust Pink Tourmaline were bought from Norway Nails.

    5 comments:

    1. Oh no, grown-up responsibilities are always my least favourite.. especially if it involves hanging laundry. At least you are tasking with gorgeous nails, I ave never seen Lacquer Lust because but they look stunning!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I don't mind the hanging, but the ironing and the folding... ugh!
        Thanks! Lacquer Lust has a collection of 12 birthstone inspired polishes and I received all of them a few years ago as a belated anniversary present (someone had to make up for completely forgetting said special day and he did so in a grand way so I forgave him ;) They are absolutely gorgeous and I just don't use them enough :D

        Delete
    2. Replies
      1. Hmmm... maybe I should hide them from Michelle ;)

        Delete
      2. Haha that's probably a good ideal! :D

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!