• 52 week nail art challenge - 16: Mythical creature

    Hi everyone!


    This time the theme is Mythical creature and my first thought was... dragon! I didn't want to do a full dragon though, I don't have the necessary freehand skills or a plate with a dragon that I like, so I opted for dragon scales, regal green to gold ones:


    Green to gold means a color-shifting polish of course, and the best ones I have are ILNP Ultra Chromes. I picked ILNP Bishop (gold-to-olive and to blue under extreme angles) and ILNP Reminisce (green-to-blue) to be the colors for my dragon scales. You can actually use ILNP Ultra Chromes without mandatory undies, black or otherwise, but doing a test on my thumb showed me the gradient I did with them wasn't as vibrant as I wanted it to be, so I decided to use a black base and painted two thin coats of Catrice ICONails 20 Black to the Roots on all nails.

    When that had dried, I created a gradient with Reminisce at my cuticles and Bishop at the tips of my nails. It took four rounds of dabbing to get the result I had in mind: bright green and beautiful antique gold, and when I wiggled my nails I could see blue pop up on the edges.

    I stamped the scales from UberChic plate Fairytale 02 using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief and covered everything with a coat of Seche Vite. And oh, how I love seeing the effect a good top coat has on a gradient! It not only seems to blend the colors even better but the sparkle that is all but hidden from the sponging, returns in full force... 😍


    All polishes in a row:
    Catrice ICONails 20 Black to the Roots, ILNP Bishop, ILNP Reminisce, Painted Polish Midnight Mischief

    I can't imagine any dragon not liking these scales... but I'm no expert on dragonesque styling, so I'll refrain from trying to tell them what to wear and just gaze at the colors, enjoying the colors shifting like crazy. I hope you like my manicure too 😊

    2 comments:

    1. Replies
      1. Thanks Ananka! When I was creating it, I thought it would be way out of my comfort zone but when it was done, I didn't want to take it off because I loved it so much :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!