• My Christmas manicure - Illamasqua Scorn and OPI Pure

    Hi everyone!


    I had great plans for my christmas manicure... I would dazzle the world with perfect stamping, gradients or even a water marble (and the tiny detail that I haven't even mastered those techniques I completely ignored of course ;) But alas, fate (or rather, my limited capabilities in planning) decided different and instead of doing my nails I was busy preparing dishes for Boxing Day. So on Dec. 25, when it was almost time to leave for dinner at my in-laws I grabbed two polishes, sat down for five minutes and ran out, holding my hands high in the air to make sure I wouldn't smudge anything... and I don't think I've had this many compliments on a manicure yet :D

    indoors, no flash
    On my nails you can see one coat of Illamasqua Scorn, the most perfect black that I know and thanks to the wonderful brush that Illamasqua uses I hardly have to do any clean up... three cheers for Illamasqua! After waiting for Scorn to go satiny matte, I added a thin layer of OPI Pure, the 18k white gold and silver top coat that OPI released in 2013 as part of their Holiday collaboration with Mariah Carey. A quick coat of Seche Vite for a glossy finish and I was done.

    It's a very simple manicure but I love it so much I'm still wearing it now, four days later. It has to go though, as I'm going to my nieces birthday tomorrow and of course I have to wear the nail polish she gave me for my birthday earlier this month.

    These are the polishes I used:
    Illamasqua Scorn, OPI Pure

    What did your Christmas manicure look like?

    0 comments → My Christmas manicure - Illamasqua Scorn and OPI Pure

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!