• #52weeknailchallenge - week 15: Black + Red

    Hi everyone!


    YES! It may be almost week 16 but I'm writing this post in week 15 so that means I'm all caught up :)

    This week's prompt is Black + Red so I immediately thought 'lace' and set out to pick a red polish. I stumbled across a beautiful classic, cool-toned red and all thoughts of lace left my brain. This polish was just too pretty to hide under a stamp! As this is a nail ART challenge, I figured I couldn't get away with just ten red nails without any decoration (and there was the tiny detail of Black as well ;) so I decided to do the simplest of nail art and leave the red as the glorious eye catcher. May I present my Black + Red themed manicure?


    The red polish I used is Illamasqua Throb, one of the most stunning red polishes I own (and trust me, I own a lot of reds!). It covers in just one coat but I used two thin ones on my thumb, middle and ring finger just to be sure it would look absolutely perfect. And of course it has the great formula almost all Illamasqua polishes (they call them varnishes) are known for, that dries to a very glossy finish.

    My index was painted in two coats of Catrice ICONails 15 Milky Bay and my pinky in two coats of Catrice ICONails 20 Black to the Routes, the same polishes I used to make the dots (except for that one red dot that was done in Throb ;) and that was all, except of course for the usual coat of Seche Vite.


    The bottle shot (did you know all those square caps of these bottles come off to reveal a smaller round cap? Way easier to handle than the bulky ones but those look better ;)

    Catrice ICONails 15 Milky Bay, Illamasqua Throb, Catrice ICONails 20 Black to the Routes

    Red polish is something special for me. I don't wear it very often but when I do, it makes me feel elegant and fierce and grown up at the same time. Also, it reminds me of my dad who loved a classic red manicure. I'm pretty sure he would have approved of this color (probably not so much of the white and black ;) so that makes me want to keep my nails like this even more. But the next prompt is waiting already and I already have some sort of idea of what I want to do. That's for next week though, for now I'm going to enjoy my black + red manicure for a little longer :)


    2 comments:

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!