• Blue and blue floral nail art

    Hi everyone!


    When I saw this manicure by Michelle I instantly knew I wanted to do something similar and since my very demure french tips manicure had just been removed, I had a clean canvas to work with. So I went through my stash, picked some polishes and gave Michelle's design a bit of a twist:


    This manicure actually started with searching everywhere for a polish with multi colored glitter in a white crelly base. Once I picked piCture pOlish Geode, the other two colors were easy as I just had to find two cremes that were as close to the colors of the glitters as possible: bright blue and royal blue. A small comparison of blues settled it: OPI Fearlessly Alice for the bright blue and OPI Dating A Royal for the darker color. The stamping plate wasn't too hard either, I happened to own the same plate Michelle used :)

    So I started by painting my thumb and index with the beautiful OCW (one coat wonder) of Fearlessly Alice, three thin coats and some dabbing of glitters of Geode and two not-too-thin coats of Dating A Royal (which actually scared me at the first coat as it was quite patchy, but the second coat made all the difference), followed by a coat of Seche Vite.

    I wanted to show off Geode by leaving one nail without decorations so I painted just two rectangles of clear polish on my silicone mat for the decals (one for each hand) and let them dry a bit. I stamped the same flowers Michelle used from Lina Let's Doodle! 02 using Hit the Bottle As Black As Night and colored in some flowers with both blue cremes using the tiniest brush I could find. Another coat of clear polish on top to make the decals a bit less flimsy and after that I had to wait until they were completely dried and I could peel them off the mat. I simply placed them on my nail, pressed down firmly and cut off most of the excess with scissors. Some acetone took care of the remaining access and a coat of Seche Vite brought back the pretty colors and the teeny-tiny shimmers in Geode.


    The bottle shot:
    piCture pOlish Geode, OPI Fearlessly Alice, OPI Dating A Royal, Hit the Bottle As Black As Night

    Not only was it love at first sight when I saw Michelle's manicure but we're going away for a few days so I wanted a manicure that I could look at for a while without wanting to change it and that would be easily touched-up if necessary (so yes, there are three bottles of polish in a zip-loc bag, in another zip-loc bag, in bubble wrap in our luggage). I think this manicure is all that and more, as it just makes me smile when I look at it. I hope I did the original a bit of justice. I guess we'll find out if Michelle comes over to take a peek :)

    Oh, and if you're wondering about the title of this post... Michelle's manicure was called 'yellow and green floral nail art' and I of course used blue and blue ;)



    piCture pOlish Geode was bought from Pretty Polish.
    Hit the Bottle As Black As Night was bought from Hypnotic Polish.

    4 comments:

    1. Ooooh I liked the original and I like this one too. So I definitely think this gets a big thumbs up!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love love love love love love love love love love love LOVE this!!!! It is a million times better than mine and I am so in love with those polishes and colours. Incredible!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Dankie!! I wouldn't say it's better, I still love your manicure and colors :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!