• Friday Triad: inspired by Sassy Shelly

    Hi everyone!


    When you're reading this it's the last Friday of April so that means it's time for another Triad manicure. This time I got to pick the inspiration and I chose this stunning manicure by Sassy Shelly.

    I had absolutely no idea what I would do for my version, except that I wanted to use a beautiful base with "plain" stamping, just like the original. While searching for a polish for my Zodiac manicure I came across a polish I thought could be used as a base for the Triad manicure so I pulled it from my stash and did a quick swatch to see what it would look like... and about half an hour later I was doing a happy dance while my nails looked like this:


    The polish that drew my attention was Painted Polish Crazy Cupid, a milky white crelly with pink, golden and holo glitters in various sizes. I used three thin coats to reach full opacity, waiting a bit longer between coats than usual as I didn't want to drag the glitters everywhere.

    While waiting I painted my thumb, index and pinky with two thin coats of Catrice ICONails 15 Milky Bay, a bright white creme that unfortunately was taken out of the core collection so if you happen to see it, make sure to snag it as the formula is great.

    Last but not least I stamped the same image Shelly used from UberChic plate 13-02 using Hit the Bottle Snowed In and covered everything with a generous coat of Seche Vite after a bit of cleanup.


    I used these polishes:
    Catrice ICONails 15 Milky Bay, Painted Polish Crazy Cupid, Hit the Bottle Snowed In

    I absolutely love this manicure! Of course Shelly did the hard work by combining this stamp with a glitter crelly. All I had to do was pick the polishes to basically create a negative version of her nails :)

    I can't wait to see what Michelle and Juanita created from the inspirational manicure. Maybe something black and neon? Or just bright? Just click their names and we'll see...



    Painted Polish Crazy Cupid was bought from Harlow & Co.
    Hit the Bottle Snowed In was bought from Hypnotic Polish.

    4 comments:

    1. I love this!! I wanted to do something like this and then I had a brain fart moment, painted my nails all the same and I was like eh I might as well go with it!!

      I'm starting to really like my light colour crellies, so crazy cupid is very pretty right now!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! I was SO happy with this manicure and I had to keep it a secret for almost two weeks... a-go-ny! ;)

        I never really liked polishes with thingies in them but I'm starting to appreciate them more and more. I'm still very picky though, most of all the size of the glitters has to be small!

        Delete
    2. You're legit blowing my mind right now. WOW this is beautiful. I absolute love the colours and the combinations and I have major regretskis that I went the way I did. LOVE this!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks so much! But you shouldn't regret a thing as long as there's acetone ;)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!