• Double stamped stars

    Hi everyone!


    I had a business meeting today and I didn't feel comfortable attending with pitch black nails... so yesterday I decided to do a quick skittlette with some stamping. I picked out three polishes, decided on an image and went to work. This is what my nails look like at the moment:

    indoors, no flash

    Ehm... I could have sworn I picked a dark teal holo but after I had painted my thumb and index with two thin coats of Colors by Llarowe Scattered Sun Flare it turned out my nails were charcoal gray with golden flakes in it (yup, that's thingies in there... I don't have a clue how that polish sneaked its way into my stash ;) The very strong linear holo made sure it didn't look pitch black though so I decided to go with it.

    indoors, with flash
    I painted my pinky with two thin coats of the most gorgeous satin matte gold I have, OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby and the nails of my middle and ring finger were covered with two coats of Cirque Colors Carpe Diem. I stamped on the white nails using an image from Bundle Monster Collaboration plate BM-XL201 using Scattered Sun Flare and I stamped the top half of the same image over it using Love.Angel.Music.Baby. A coat of Seche Vite on all nails but my pinky and my manicure was done.

    I used these polishes:
    Cirque Colors Carpe Diem, Colors by Llarowe Scattered Sun Flare, OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby

    Looking at my nails and at the bottle I wonder how I could ever mistake Scattered Sun Flare for a teal... must have been the intense holo blinding me ;) I liked the result though and I even got a few compliments on my way back from work (when I was totally not wiggling my nails in the sunlight... *attempts to look innocent*).


    What do you think of my quick double stamped stars? And do you stare at your holographic nails and wiggle them in the sunshine to see the rainbows, all mesmerized and oblivious to the world around you? ;)



    Cirque Colors Carpe Diem was bought from Pretty Polish.
    Colors by Llarowe Scattered Sun Flare was bought from NailLand Hungary.
    Bundle Monster BM-XL201 was bought from Rainbow Connection.

    4 comments:

    1. That CBL is beautiful. And I love the double stamp. And holo's do take you to another world when there's sunshine.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Juanita :) The only finish I like better than holo is creme, but only because they are so versatile and they make a great canvas for holo's :D

        Delete
    2. Aww, this is so pretty - love it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Maria! I'm happy you like it too :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!