• Catching up - October manicures

    Hi everyone,

    it's that time again... when I realize I still have manicures that are patiently waiting for their place in the spotlight while my roller coaster life takes up all free time. This time I have no less than four manicures for you!

    Let start with the first one:

    This is a recreation of MDolla's beautiful leaves manicure. I literally gasped when I saw it pop up in my feed and I just knew I wanted to recreate it... so I did :)


    I used two thin coats of golden green holo Il était un vernis We Want You For The NPA Army on my thumb, index and pinky. The cream colored base on my middle and ring finger is Catrice ICONails 24 Good Lack! that required three thin coats for full opacity. I painted a thin coat of Cirque Colors Au on top and reverse stamped the leaves from B. lovesplates B.04 Leaves of Happiness using Hit the Bottle As Black As Night and We Want You For The NPA Army. As usual I finished with a generous coat of Seche Vite so I could enjoy my manicure for as long as possible.


    On to the second manicure!


    This one just happened without any reason, except that I wanted to enjoy the last rays of sunshine with some bright, happy colors... and Cirque Colors Padparadscha definitely fits that bill.


    I painted three thin coats of pale peach colored Barry M Cashmere on my thumb, index and pinky, and three coats of Cirque Colors Padparadscha, a bright coral jelly with holo flakes that looks stunning even in low light, on my middle and ring finger. I reverse stamped a geometric pattern from UberChic 27-01 on my ring finger using Colour Alike Chestnut and Barry M Cashmere, a coat of Seche Vite and done!


    Third one... we're halfway now ;)


    If you've read more of my blog, you probably know my husband spoils me rotten with new nail polishes. If it's a crazy color, you can be sure he gets it for me, even if I don't see myself wearing it. When he got me piCture pOlish Sage he didn't have to ask me twice to wear it though, I mean, a pale gray green scattered holo? Yes please! And as piCture pOlish holos usual work great for gradients, that's what I did.


    I started by painting my thumb, index and pinky with two coats of piCture pOlish Dragonfly. My middle and ring finger were done with one coat of Sage which wasn't opaque but I knew I was going to do a gradient on top so that didn't matter. The gradient was done in (dark to pale) Dragonfly, piCture pOlish Meow and Sage and it took three rounds of sponging for the result you see in the picture. Last but not least I stamped a leafy image from Lina 4 Seasons Spring 01 using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief followed by a generous coat of Seche Vite, and my nails were ready for a week of crazy (yep, I actually wore this for an entire week ;)


    Are you still with me? We've reached the last one!


    This is another recreation, this time I was inspired by @nadioula_'s elegant manicure. And as it happened, I had to wear something not too colorful so the decision was easy. Picking out the right colors was a bit more time consuming but I love the result!


    I used two thin coats of chocolate brown OPI Krona-logical Order on my thumb, index and pinky (I seem to detect a preferred pattern for my manicures... but the next one is going to be different, I promise) and I used Zoya Rowan, a taupe colored creme with a satin finish, in two not too thin coats on my middle and ring finger. After that had dried a bit I painted a thin coat of ILNP Encore on top of Rowan to add some red-orange-gold flakies. I finished the manicure by stamping leaves from UberChic Lovely Leaves using Krona-logical Order and apart from a coat of Seche Vite, that was it.



    And that was all. I'm all caught up and my folder with pictures is empty. I'm not even going to promise to do better from now on as I know work will become even more hectic when we're reaching the end of the year, but I do promise to keep painting my nails and show them here, even if it's in a catch-up post again. Of course I prefer to give each manicure it's own post but I have to admit it's fun to see these again... although the last one made me crave chocolate ;)

    I can't really pick a favorite. Is there a manicure that jumps to for you?

    2 comments:

    1. Holy smoke girl! I can't pick a favourite. Every one I saw I thought for sure would be my favourite till I saw the next one. If I HAD to choose one (which I would do under heavy protest) it would probably the the chocolate delight last one. It is just exquisite and so different for me. Please do keep showing because I looooooove your nails.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hehe, I promise to keep feeding you pictures of my nails until I'm old and wrinkled and can't handle a brush anymore ;)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!