• Art deco in fall colors

    Hi everyone!


    My husband did it again... a short while ago he surprised me with a new stamping plate: UberChic Art Deco Chic and a beautiful little collection of three autumn polishes by a Russian brand called Tips Polish. The moment I saw the plate, one image immediately jumped out and when looking at the polishes I knew what I wanted to do. And I'm so happy this came out just like I envisioned it!


    I started out by painting my middle and ring finger with no less than four thin coats of Pluvia, a dusky greenish polish filled with gold-to-orange shifting flakies that reminds me of oxidized copper or bronze. It is definitely sheer and it doesn't dry fast (actually, it dries pretty slow) so painting it took some effort but the result is so worth it. The effect of the flakies peeking through the green is stunning!

    I picked a beautiful dark brown holo for my other nails, a-england Sir Loyal Heart, that is a one coater (so way less finicky to paint my thumb, index and pinky with). Sir Loyal Heart isn't just dark brown, it also has loads of tiny gold micro flakies that appear coppery because of the base so it is a great match with Pluvia.

    The accent nail was, of course, created with an image from UberChic Art Deco Chic. I picked it up using Colour Alike Golden Queen, a shimmery pale gold stamping polish and used Sir Loyal Heart and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls to color in some parts. When it had dried a bit, I carefully rolled the image on my nail making sure it didn't lift off again before taking away the stamper. I finished with a coat of Seche Vite on all nails (and Sir Loyal Heart definitely needs that to shine as it dries a bit dull itself).


    All polishes in a row:
    Tips Polish Pluvia, a-england Sir Loyal Heart, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Colour Alike Golden Queen


    Simply put: I love my nails! I've been wearing this manicure for the entire week and every time the sun hits it and sparkles fly up, I can't help but smile and remember how lucky I am to have someone as sweet and caring as my husband in my life. The fact that it is art deco (probably my favourite art style) and that the colors seem to be made for the current weather outside (cold but sunny) definitely doesn't do anything to lessen that feeling. I hope you like it as much as I do (oh, alright, maybe a little less ;)

    4 comments:

    1. Don't you wanna send your husband this way? My husband to be can't seem to comprehend a stash list...

      Besides that your are so lucky, he has great taste!! I love the polish he got even though four coats is a bit of a schlep, but it's stunning and the plate is a thumbs up too!

      Thumbs up to you too for putting it all together.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks hun!

        Hmmmm... a married-to-a-polish-lover-bootcamp... sounds interesting. I'm going to talk to him about that! But remember, I can't let a special specimen like my hubby travel all by himself so that means I'm coming too ;)

        Delete
    2. Are you even serious? How against sister wives are you? I am willing to relocate :P He made some great choices and I am just nuts about how you put this together. That flakie polish is breathtaking!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Suuuure... it has taken me years to train him and now you want those advantages too, eh? I think not :p
        Hehe, I showed him your comment and he couldn't stop laughing but he managed to say that he doesn't think I'm that big on sharing ;)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!