• Shimmery flowers

    Hi everyone,


    this is a manicure that was on my nails last week, so here's a quick post to show it off anyway as I think it's too pretty to remain hidden ;)


    I started with a base of two coats of Cirque Colors Palm Springs on all nails but my ring finger (and if I remember correctly, my thumb that is a lot larger than the other nails needed three coats). Palm Springs is a beautiful sea blue polish that is stuffed with pink shimmer and the occasional holographic sparkle. It is a bit sheer but dries fast enough so you don't have to wait for ever to finish those three coats.

    Next I painted my ring finger with a bazillion coats of Nicole by OPI It's All About The Glam, a soft, shimmery off white. It's a nice enough color but the formula... yuck! It was sheer but thick and gloopy and just not what I'm used to. Then again, this is a polish of at least seven years old so maybe it has deteriorated a little... either way, it was the color I had in mind and I made it work :)

    The accent nail was done by picking up a flower from Moyra plate 41 Florality 3 using dark blue Painted Polish Deux 2.0, removing some unwanted parts with a piece of scotch tape (I don't really want to poke at my stamper with a dotting tool ;) and filling the flowers with Palm Springs. When it had dried a bit on the stamper, I carefully rolled it on my nail, said a little prayer that the thin lines would stick and voila... upside down flowers!

    And that was it, apart from the usual coat of Seche Vite that kept this manicure on my nails for seven days :)


    The mug shots:
    Cirque Colors Palm Springs, Nicole by OPI It's All About The Glam, Painted Polish Deux 2.0


    It's been quite a while since I've done a manicure with just one accent nail but I definitely like how this turned out. I hope you do too :)

    2 comments:

    1. I love this! It actually looks like water decals!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! Would you believe I have never ever used water decals? Yup, truth... I swear :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!