• My polish, your plate - 2

    Hi everyone!


    The second installment of Michelle and me challenging each other with a polish one of us chose and an image from a plate the other picked. This time I picked the polish (Colors by Llarowe Berries in the Snow) and Michelle picked the plate (Pueen 103, bottom left). Michelle doesn't own Berries so after some deliberating we settled on ILNP Black Orchid for her as that is supposed to be a dupe for Berries. And after the selection process was done, we were ready to start painting!

    This is what I created:

    I started out by painting my thumb, ring finger and pinky with Colors by Llarowe Berries in the Snow, a stunning dark burgundy polish with a very strong linear holo-flash that shows a lot of blue and red when direct light hits it. And on top of all that magic, it's a one coater as well! Yes, dear readers, on my nails is o-n-e coat of pure perfection!

    My index and middle finger were painted with three coats of Cirque Colors Mystic Moonstone, a milky, pale beige concoction with a very strong blue sheen and sparse holo sparkles. Under different angles it looks either blue, white-ish or almost transparent. Definitely strange but also really pretty as a base. It does dry with some streaks but since I planned some stamping on top it didn't bother me.

    On to the stamping! The moment I saw the image Michelle picked, I knew I was going to do reverse stamping. I mean, the image was made for it! So I picked up the image from Pueen 103 using Berries (you had to know I would use it to stamp as well, right?) and chose Painted Polish Stamped in Sugar, a pink creme, to fill in the arches. All that I had to do after that was paint a thin coat of base coat on my index and middle finger, and roll the colored-in image on my nail. Last but not least a generous coat of Seche Vite was added to add some gloss and seal everything.


    The polishes I used:
    Colors by Llarowe Berries in the Snow, Painted Polish Stamped in Sugar, Cirque Colors Mystic Moonstone


    I'm having so much fun with these small challenges! I'm using colors and plates I haven't even seen in ages. I hope you like my manicure... and if not, there will be a new one soon ;)

    2 comments:

    1. I don't like it....I LOVE it!!! I love the combination of colours and those polishes are just gorgeous. I am definitely going to have to up my game here!
      (Also , you commented on my post about the colour. I LOVE how it looks on you. jealous even. )

      ReplyDelete
    2. This looks lovely and nice stamping :-D

      ReplyDelete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!