• My polish, your plate - 1

    Hi everyone!


    A new year, a new post and even a new feature... yep, definitely starting off on a high note ;)

    First of all, I would like to wish you and yours all the best for 2020. I hope your year will turn out even better than you're dreaming it will be.

    I haven't made any resolutions but I do hope to pick up blogging a bit more regularly and to do so, there's a new feature: 'My polish, your plate'. Michelle from Ordinary Misfit and I were chatting and we came up with a concept we thought would be fun: one of us picks a polish, the other picks an image of a stamping plate and we do our nails using both polish and image. We can use other colors but the chosen color has to be prominent. If the other doesn't have the chosen polish, she can send alternatives that are available and the one who picked the polish gets to pick the alternatives... and that's about all the rules we came up with. Oh, and we post our manicure on the first and third Friday of the month.

    This is the first episode. Michelle picked the polish: OPI Hands Off My Kielbasa!, and I picked the plate: Pueen 83, the image in the lower-left corner that looks sort of like zigzags or lightning flashes. And here's my manicure using both:


    When I saw Kielbasa, a pretty peach color with a surprisingly soft finish for a metallic, I immediately knew I wanted to combine it with a white polish. When going through my stash my eye fell on Tips Glacies, a rather sheer, milky white concoction with orange-iridescent flakies... the exact color of Kielbasa, so that was a no brainer.

    I used two coats of Kielbasa on my thumb and pinky and the other three nails were done in three coats of Glacies. I decided to try and see how good or bad Kielbasa would stamp. I remember it didn't stamp at all when I got it but I guess it thickened a bit since then as this time it actually stamped quite nicely! So all I did was use the entire image on my ring finger and remove part of it before stamping on my middle finger. I left my index without anything to show off the pretty white polish. I finished with a generous coat of Seche Vite as Glacies dries a bit textured so it needed a bit of smoothing.


    These are the polishes I used:

    OPI Hands Off My Kielbasa!, Tips Glacies
    I tried to get the plate in the picture as well but let's just say the aftermath involved me crawling around on hands and knees and my husband just about keeling over with laughter until he joined me and managed to get the plate out from under the cupboard it managed to roll under... so no picture of that one. But if you really want to see what it looks like, go here and scroll down to about a third of the page (Michelle actually took pictures of all 24 plates in the set... the woman is a beast, I tell you).

    And that's it! The first post of 2020 and hopefully of many more to come this year. What do you think of my manicure? I really like it! I had Kielbasa stored under orange/copper but I have moved it to the peach ones now as it doesn't look coppery at all against my pale skin. I can't wait to see what Michelle has done and if her tan managed to coax out the orange and copper in Kielbasa :)

    6 comments:

    1. I can't even. This is SO gorgeous!! Now THIS is how it is done. I am going to really have to step up my game here. You paired the perfect polish too. Love this so much.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks, hun! It was sheer luck that I found the Tips polish and after that it all kind of happened by itself :)

        Delete
    2. Such a fun idea, looking forward to seing more like this. :) Happy New Year to you too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I'll sure do my best to create more manicures and write more posts this year :)

        Delete
    3. Nice mani, looks classy :-D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Ananka! I usually wear a manicure for a couple of days to a week so I try to create something I like and that won't get too many raised eyebrows at work ;)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!