• 52 week nail art challenge - 5: Blue + Gold

    Hi everyone!


    2020 steadily moves on, so this is the fifth installment of the Nail Art Challenge already: Blue + Gold. This one was a bit of a struggle but after seeing a gorgeous blue that I couldn't put out of my mind, here's is what happened when I started playing with it:



    I started by painting all my nails with OPI Chills Are Multiplying! It took three coats for full opacity but they are so worth it... Chills is gorgeous! It's a navy blue that is chock full of this hidden shimmer that makes it sparkle whenever light hits it. I could happily wear this an entire week without any decoration, it's that beautiful!

    But of course the prompt wasn't just blue. Gold had to be added so I picked a rather pale gold stamping polish, Golden Queen by Colour Alike, and stamped an image of bare branches from B. loves plates B.04 Leaves of Happiness. Unfortunately, that was too much gold for my taste, so I searched my plates for another abstract grungy looking image and I ended up with the Lina x tanya_wish collab plate. I used medium Cirque Colors Rhapsody in Blue and pale Colour Alike Blue Sky to gradient stamp the chosen image and added the branches I used earlier in Chills on top of that.


    The blues and gold:
    OPI Chills Are Multiplying!, Cirque Colors Rhapsody in Blue, Colour Alike Blue Sky, Colour Alike Golden Queen


    The first thought I had when I looked at my finished nails was "Where's my acetone?" but both husband and friend loved it so I decided to keep it on just a little longer. And guess what? It has grown on me so I'm actually starting to like it :) What do you think? Acetone or not so bad?

    3 comments:

    1. Lovely. Nice blues and Colour Alikes :-D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!
        I guess there are some brands that never let us down, right? ;)

        Delete
    2. This is just genius and it is perfect!!! Love it so much!

      ReplyDelete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!