• My polish, your plate - 3

    Hi everyone!


    It's the third time Michelle and I challenge each other with a polish one of us picks and an image of a stamping plate to use with it is chosen by the other. This time Michelle picked China Glaze Glittering Garland as polish and the plate I selected is Hello Maniology (formerly Bundle Monster) BM-412, the top image with the interlocking dots.

    This is what I created with them:



    I started out by painting my thumb, index and pinky with three thin coats of China Glaze Glittering Garland, a Christmas-green polish with a jelly base and loads of tiny green and gold shimmery glitter. My middle finger and ring finger were painted with two coats of Painted Polish Green as Spring, a crelly base with lots of different green glitters in it. The base used to be white but I think the glitters bled a bit as it's a bit yellowed now. I don't mind though, I think it still looks good (and I expect it will be whiter when I use a white polish underneath).

    When we were talking about the polish, Michelle showed me a stamped image on her thumb... Glittering Garland stamps! Ehm... not so much for me though, when I tried stamping the chosen image with Glittering Garland, all I got was a very sheer image. Not quite what I had in mind, so I reached for a small detail brush and carefully painted over the stamped image. And painted over it again until it was opaque. I also colored in part of the image as I wanted to make it look like a strip of punched-out dots running over my nails. I'll leave it up to you whether I succeeded or not ;)

    The bottle shot:
    China Glaze Glittering Garland, Painted Polish Green as Spring

    I have to admit I wasn't too optimistic about this manicure when I saw the combination of polish and plate, and my courage dropped even more when I discovered Glittering Garland doesn't stamp nice for me at all. But Glittering Garland is a beautiful dark green and I hardly ever back away from a challenge so I really wanted to try and create something I would like. And that I did as far as I'm concerned. It took a magnifying glass (I have one on a stand that my grandmother used for embroidery) and a lot of patience but I'm really happy with the end result. I hope you like it too :)

    As always, click here to see what Michelle did with our picks.

    4 comments:

    1. Nice, liking the colours and design :-D

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love that polish you paired it with. It is so perfect for glittering garland. You did a fabulous job painting over the stamped image. When I tested it for stamping it was an image with very thin lines but when I tried it with this image it was also just a very feint stamp. I guess therein lies the difference :(.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks hun! A couple of years ago I would never have said this, but I really like those crellies with glitters in them. This one fitted GG perfectly so it all came together :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!